Daw Of The Future

10ndaYii

Estoy humanos amigos !
For all those still using Pro Tools enjoy while it lasts , To all those still hooked up on Cubase, well Germany is not far away from Belgium and to all those still spending their time in Ableton do so while you are still capable and to all those still using Logic just know soon it will be illogical and to all those still using Reason you gonna be rewiring if there are reasonable reasons anyway the future is FL Studio hate it or love Pro Tools is used by old folks in most cases so we don't have to address that by the way studios are gonna vanish but FL Studio ...

Studio One is a rip off from Cubase everyone knows that.

I use FL Studio, like it and all. But I think you're going too far to say that it's the "DAW of the future".
wake up and smell the coffee how many people are using FL Studio it's the young generation the youth are the future so it's a matter of time. Business wise Image-Line is gonna reconsider free updates since nobody will be wasting money on Pro Tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
the OP has a point with pro tools, the company that sells it just got kicked out of the stock market (nasdaq), i wouldn't be surprised if they end up going out of business.

For all those still using Pro Tools enjoy while it lasts , To all those still hooked up on Cubase, well Germany is not far away from Belgium and to all those still spending their time in Ableton do so while you are still capable and to all those still using Logic just know soon it will be illogical and to all those still using Reason you gonna be rewiring if there are reasonable reasons anyway the future is FL Studio hate it or love Pro Tools is used by old folks in most cases so we don't have to address that by the way studios are gonna vanish but FL Studio ...

what did i just read?:alcoholic:

the OP has a point with pro tools, the company that sells it just got kicked out of the stock market (nasdaq), i wouldn't be surprised if they end up going out of business.

it helps if you provide all of the information instead of just that small nugget

avid has been delisted from the NASDAQ market but is still trading on the otc market - this delisting is due to compliance issues with paperwork not because the business is in financial trouble

Avid Technology, Inc. - Avid Receives Anticipated NASDAQ Delist Letter

Avid Delisting A Potential Shot To The Heart Of The Music Business - Forbes

Is Avid OK…Or Not? What the NASDAQ Delisting Really Means to Pro Tools Users : SonicScoop – Creative, Technical & Business Connections For NYC

Fine here are the reasons

1. All musicians made a mistake to call Dubstep music ... The answer is ever since noise like Dubstep got to be called music everyone almost embraced noise as an art form now that's bad news for the engineer with his so called "Pro Tools" because noise doesn't need to be tailored thus music in general has got loud and in the days of our lives no one is going to listen to a quiet well mixed song loudness gives an impression of a better mix, why do you think companies like Waves have so many Limiters and tell you how wonderful they squeeze your sound in other words proper mastering is gonna fade away thanks to Izotope who can support what I'm saying with Ozone.

2. Everyone thinks Pro Tools is a full fledged DAW ? Really that's why a few producers are composing with it Avid knows this and Avid's #1 customer is not a beat maker who calls himself a musician by pushing buttons yet doesn't understand music theory instead Avid hopes there will be more mix engineers in short midi is horrible in Pro Tools

3. Waves can't survive without Avid let's face it who is buying most of their plugins Pro Tools users or Cubase or Ableton or FL Studio common sense .........

4. Believe it or not mordern music is currently microwave music Steinberg made their Daw complicated bad news folks the new generation is lazy, so Image-Line made a simple to use Daw meaning everyone will be talking of FL Studio in years to come. You don't believe it let's take it to #5

5. Avicci uses FL Studio that means this was never a toy but a Daw for big boys it came a long way and every other DAW is going to the bench soon.

6. Sorry for pointing out the facts.

Last edited:
Number 5 was what really turned me over! I'm just going to stop what ever it is that I am doing and go buy FL studio right away!

On a more serious note, we all understand you really really like FL studio, we are not going to take it away from you, no need to push everyone to your beliefs.

Last edited:
Studio One is a rip off from Cubase everyone knows that.

Almost everything is a rip off from Cubase including teh Farty Loops because Cubase established the future a long time ago, for example Notator was redesigned to work like Cubase and renamed Logic, prior to that it ran like a tracker where everything including the piano roll scrolled from top to bottom, but seems as how both Cubase and Logic date back to a time when computers were exclusively used for MIDI sequencing they tend to crush newer programs like teh Farty Loops when it comes to MIDI, last time I checked Farty Loops was missing an entire MIDI editor and do you guys even have drum maps yet?

Teh Farty Loops might be popular with noobs because it's cheap but not everyone uses a mouse or Logitech keyboard to play music.....some of us have real keyboards and instruments and don't mind paying for a more capable product.

Almost everything is a rip off from Cubase including teh Farty Loops because Cubase established the future a long time ago, for example Notator was redesigned to work like Cubase and renamed Logic, prior to that it ran like a tracker where everything including the piano roll scrolled from top to bottom, but seems as how both Cubase and Logic date back to a time when computers were exclusively used for MIDI sequencing they tend to crush newer programs like teh Farty Loops when it comes to MIDI, last time I checked Farty Loops was missing an entire MIDI editor and do you guys even have drum maps yet?

Teh Farty Loops might be popular with noobs because it's cheap but not everyone uses a mouse or Logitech keyboard to play music.....some of us have real keyboards and instruments and don't mind paying for a more capable product.

What have to understand are two things Business and Art those are two different things all together. For instance when synthesizer came into the game most musicians were saying that is going to replace them so what is that , that is in the art realm then came these Daws which are still a threat to big studios and and that is business. So Steinberg changed the game with their Vst technology, yes we respect that almost every Daw uses Vst but why doesn't Avid or Logic use Vst simple ...Business it has nothing to do with art.

Cubase and Logic crush FL Studio ... ? 0kay that is false because first of Steinberg made Cubase a long time ago and old folks are used to the same interface today, they will tell you how wonderful it is but Image-Line came into the game and brought simplicity that is the major difference between the two okay. It's not that one Daw is better It's about what the company is bringing to the table.

Some of us have real keyboards ... ? Thanks for showing your ignorance okay, even the modern musicians are using Ableton, Logic aren't using keyboards but what do they do they make hits because either they care about the art or the business so if you care about the art you will get a keyboard if you don't why not use a mouse and and still sell out arenas!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bottom line is not that FL Studio is the best but it is the future in simplicity.

fl has an epic fail - it will not allow itself to be synched to an external midi clock or other external clock

Controller/MIDI Settings

whilst it has this major flaw it cannot even begin to be considered to be a daw capable of being the heart of a production facility that must synch to other timing streams

fl has an epic fail - it will not allow itself to be synched to an external midi clock or other external clock

Controller/MIDI Settings

whilst it has this major flaw it cannot even begin to be considered to be a daw capable of being the heart of a production facility that must synch to other timing streams

Would you mind briefly touching on what 'synching midi clocks' is referring to? I only use a midi controller (keyboard) so I'm not sure this would affect me but I'm curious how serious this drawback may be in the future.

Would you mind briefly touching on what 'synching midi clocks' is referring to? I only use a midi controller (keyboard) so I'm not sure this would affect me but I'm curious how serious this drawback may be in the future.

It just means that FL Studio doesn't not play in time when synced to hardware synths when used by beginners, but it is possible it's a matter of who is using it.

What have to understand are two things Business and Art those are two different things all together. For instance when synthesizer came into the game most musicians were saying that is going to replace them so what is that , that is in the art realm then came these Daws which are still a threat to big studios and and that is business. So Steinberg changed the game with their Vst technology, yes we respect that almost every Daw uses Vst but why doesn't Avid or Logic use Vst simple ...Business it has nothing to do with art.

Cubase and Logic crush FL Studio ... ? 0kay that is false because first of Steinberg made Cubase a long time ago and old folks are used to the same interface today, they will tell you how wonderful it is but Image-Line came into the game and brought simplicity that is the major difference between the two okay. It's not that one Daw is better It's about what the company is bringing to the table.

Some of us have real keyboards ... ? Thanks for showing your ignorance okay, even the modern musicians are using Ableton, Logic aren't using keyboards but what do they do they make hits because either they care about the art or the business so if you care about the art you will get a keyboard if you don't why not use a mouse and and still sell out arenas!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bottom line is not that FL Studio is the best but it is the future in simplicity.

Yeah, I said Cubase and Logic crush FL Studio when it comes to MIDI...FL studio is missing an entire MIDI editor and there are certain things Image-Line has not implemented because FL Studio didn't start life with a focus on serious MIDI sequencing.

As for my keyboard comment FL Studio's most beloved feature is it's piano roll as this has evolved more for mouse based composition than for simply editing MIDI data that has been entered more efficiently by a MIDI keyboard....it is undoubtedly one of the best piano rolls for composition but even so there are certain things you can't do with it that you can in Cubase, I wouldn't say one is better than the other but if you are just starting out FL Studio is easier straight out of the box.....Cubase requires some configuration and Logic even more so because Apple's one button mouse configuration is still the default.

Not everyone produces Hip Hop or EDM by mousing around in the piano roll and some folks play guitars and shit so they tend to go for a DAW that's not so limited and lets face it FL Studio's mixer is kind of crappy.

FL Studio is however a popular and accesable program and I have on many occasions equated it to the cheap second hand Roland hardware that was thrown away thus alowing bedroom producers to shape the future of music...although I don't think old coppies of FL Studio will go up in value like my TR-808 has, people don't even pay for FL Studio now and that's a big problem...it might be popular now but how many people are actualy supporting the future of it, like does it really matter if there are like 20 cracked and 5 licenced copies of FL Studio to every licenced copy of Cubase if Steinberg is making just as much money as Image-Line and can contine to refine the product to turn a profit?.....Is it more common for people to jump ship from teh Farty Loops to some other DAW or from some other DAW to teh Farty Loops?

What can you do in teh Farty Loops that I can't do in teh Cubeast?

devices like the MPC or a drum machine or keyboard based workstation have an internal clock which can be sent across MIDI to synch other devices. Some of these devices are unable to synch to external clocks and so need to be the master clock in the system - with FL this is not possible as it does not have the ability to synch to external midi clocks or any other synchronising system such SMPTE Time Code whether VITC or LTC.

VITC is primarily used to synchronise with video and LTC is used for all other synchronisation needs. MIDI time code is a compromise between the limitation of MIDI (24ppqn) and SMPTE time code (80 frames per video/film frame)

It just means that FL Studio doesn't not play in time when synced to hardware synths when used by beginners, but it is possible it's a matter of who is using it.

wrong - FL is incapable of synching to external devices as a slave - it must be the master - in video editing this is not a reasonable position to take; most production facilities have single master SMPTE Clock that provides time code for every machine in the facility - for a piece of software to be used in such a facility, it must be capable of being slaved.....

How is FL Studio the future when it was first released back in 1997. It been around for a while now. Only real reason it gained popularity was because 9th Wonder used it and it was easily pirated (which was how he first got Fruity Loops). Reason 1.0 didn't drop until 2000. Ableton Live I believe was about 2001-2002. Logic was in 2007 by Apple but I think Emagic started it in the 90's. Protools is not that much older than FL Studio. The first version dropped in 1991. only 6 years before FL. And hits can be made on any DAW. But when it's time to mix and master it your stems more than likely are going to be dumped into Pro Tools or Logic.
If you love FL Studio that's great! But to say that all other DAW's are antiquated and will be obsolete is just plain foolish.

Not everyone enjoy's FL's approach to making music. It is what it is. If you love it, that's great, and you should, by all means, continue using it. Personally, I could never get my head around it.

Back