Daw Of The Future

For all those still using Pro Tools enjoy while it lasts , To all those still hooked up on Cubase, well Germany is not far away from Belgium and to all those still spending their time in Ableton do so while you are still capable and to all those still using

Fruity Loops is old news Tendai. Well over ten years old now by now. And it's starting to shows its creaks with all that legacy code.

As for the future it might be Bitwig Studio.

Last edited:
Fine here are the reasons

1. All musicians made a mistake to call Dubstep music ... The answer is ever since noise like Dubstep got to be called music everyone almost embraced noise as an art form now that's bad news for the engineer with his so called "Pro Tools" because noise doesn't need to be tailored thus music in general has got loud and in the days of our lives no one is going to listen to a quiet well mixed song loudness gives an impression of a better mix, why do you think companies like Waves have so many Limiters and tell you how wonderful they squeeze your sound in other words proper mastering is gonna fade away thanks to Izotope who can support what I'm saying with Ozone.

2. Everyone thinks Pro Tools is a full fledged DAW ? Really that's why a few producers are composing with it Avid knows this and Avid's #1 customer is not a beat maker who calls himself a musician by pushing buttons yet doesn't understand music theory instead Avid hopes there will be more mix engineers in short midi is horrible in Pro Tools

3. Waves can't survive without Avid let's face it who is buying most of their plugins Pro Tools users or Cubase or Ableton or FL Studio common sense .........

4. Believe it or not mordern music is currently microwave music Steinberg made their Daw complicated bad news folks the new generation is lazy, so Image-Line made a simple to use Daw meaning everyone will be talking of FL Studio in years to come. You don't believe it let's take it to #5

5. Avicci uses FL Studio that means this was never a toy but a Daw for big boys it came a long way and every other DAW is going to the bench soon.

6. Sorry for pointing out the facts.

Dude you just sound like the biggest tool ever. I'm not even going to make an argument because I don't think you have the ability to think logically about the topic, but you're ridiculous.

Whether you agree with the OP the truth is FL is not the best but numbers don't lie almost everyone is using you can't dispute the popularity of FL which means soon its gonna be industry standard to music production .

Presonus Studio One might be high on the list of DAWs of the future.
Never mind that it seems similar to Cubase since it has more forward thinking features than Cubase.

Protools was done before it was delisted

Played with Bitwig Studio all day, and bought it. It combines various aspects of other DAWs and "feels" really good to me (very subjective). It's more intuitive than Live, much less cluttered than FLS, and less "upfront complicated" than a bunch of others. It's still a little green in some ways, but if they keep working on it, I think it'll appeal to plenty of people who have been bouncing around between various DAWs. Worth checking out. (Demo is a bit annoying insofar that you can't save your stuff at all -- would prefer if you could save, but not load.)

This guy share some first impressions. He's only using the clips launcher view, not the arranger (arranger is linear):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT1vQXfKm8g&list=UU5i1oUMFiBV6W4fu4CjXXAA

I see your point however, the Protools software was done long ago.
Still, for some reason, no pun intended, Studio One gave me no hassles learning the software.
Cubase for some reason, no pun intended, gave me a great deal of problems using the software and so I had to drop it in favor of Presonus.

Whether you agree with the OP the truth is FL is not the best but numbers don't lie almost everyone is using you can't dispute the popularity of FL which means soon its gonna be industry standard to music production .
This is a funny thread.
Has FL even made a mac version yet?
Yes FL is very underrated, but most folks know the numbers.
From my understanding, FL doesn't have the pro flexibility when u talk about large scale acoustic recording/mixing/mastering.
I don't mean u can't record a pro level track with FL, I mean u don't do a major movie soundtrack (horns and strings, percussion) using FL.
I'm sure its possible in time, but come on man.

Last edited:

Yeah! A hundred billion flies can't be wrong.. Dung has to be tasty!

This is a funny thread.
Has FL even made a mac version yet?
Yes FL is very underrated, but most folks know the numbers.
From my understanding, FL doesn't have the pro flexibility when u talk about large scale acoustic recording/mixing/mastering.
I don't mean u can't record a pro level track with FL, I mean u don't do a major movie soundtrack (horns and strings, percussion) using FL.
I'm sure its possible in time, but come on man.

You sound very brainwashed, and look mastering you only need 1 channel the one instance of a master track any Daw can do that so why do people buy Wavelab this is the brainwashing we are talking about you dont find a mastering engineer with Pro Tools or a 32 channel console either it's pointless so what kind of large have you seen in mastering hahaha ..... You don't do a soundtrack in FL Studio why? You are brainwashed did you know session musicians are out of jobs because of Native Instruments did you know that. Kontakt did that and one instance of. It can make you produce a film score whether it's in FL , Logic or whatever Kontakt is Kontakt it doesn't change because it's now in Cubase either. Numbers don't lie # check the figures first.

FL Studio is a fine piece of software and it's a good choice for plenty of hobbyists. No doubt you can make professional quality tracks with it, too. However, FL Studio's popularity doesn't make it an industry standard. You are unlikely to find it in professional studios as the main tool. The popularity (those "numbers that don't lie") is in part a result of how easily obtainable the software is compared to other products. It's quite clever on Imagine Line's part, actually, because the more people use your software, the more people talk about it and recommend it, and the more licenses are sold.

Those annually "The best DAW of 201x!" surveys aren't about the BEST software (which depends on the task anyway), but about what people use and are familiar with. The above issue aside, people also tend to only invest in one DAW (both money and time) and then stick with it.

It doesn't matter anyway. Use whatever works for you and that helps you make music. Competition is good for everyone, regardless of what you're using.

Nice piece of software but it may not out distance Presonus.

Studio One has made great advances during its brief existence and looks to be the software that will take the lead in the future.

you have a great point however Cubase is not FREE.
Why pay for something that we all will soon get for FREE!

Presonus is not going to go backward with their development of Studio One.

you have a great point however Cubase is not FREE.
Why pay for something that we all will soon get for FREE!

Presonus is not going to go backward with their development of Studio One.

It's a freebie just to get attention otherwise no one will use it besides people like new things and when it came out people used it, however it's quite interesting how it was made by ex Cubase programmers imagine if FL Studio programmers leave image line....

Back