CubaseSX Score Editor HELP ME!!!!!!!

N

Ninja gideon

whenever i open the score editor in cubase SX and try to put notes on the stave all that comes outon the stave are picures /graphics instead of note symbols, Please somebody help i've got music coursework to hand in :(

Last edited by a moderator:
what kind of graphics are there instead of notes? Can you describe? Are you sure you aren't just editing the classic piano-roll notes instead of the score?

Not sure, only got the program for xmas. The graphics are like aeroplane, arrows etc. Any ideas?

Ninja gideon said:
The graphics are like aeroplane, arrows etc. Any ideas?

Sounds like something got mixed up during installation. Cubase gets its score notation symbols from one or more ttf files in the WINNT\Fonts folder (I found a least 4 such fonts from Steinberg: Chordfont 4.0, Score Font 4.0, Steinberg Chord Symbols, and Steinberg Notation, but I have both Cubase SX and VST installed, so I can't work out which of those belong to SX)

I suppose you could drop the files manually in the fonts folder (after someone send them to you), but the cleanest solution would be to re-install SX.

that's interesting (the fact that the notes come from TTF font files) - didnt know that!

Ninja, did you install Cubase SX from the original CD?

Yeah sure did, and i've tried reinstalling, but still, the score has wierd symbols on it. why?
Don't suppose u could give me any help with loading the extra drum maps that came on the cubase cd could you?

-> aeroplanes instead of notes: I could try a bad joke about that xmass punch surely having been spiked, but I won't.
Did you check the WINNT\fonts folder, to see whether the ttf files are there?
You could try the Cubase forum for more expertise, or Steinberg's tech support, but try to call them in that case, because if you mail them, you might be in for a long wait.

-> drum maps: I'm not at home right now, but these drum maps are o no help if you don't have the hardware they refer to. What exactly would you wont to do?

strange symbols in cubase sx

I had the same problem,

I think the problems come from having cubase vst uninstalled.

The only thing you need is go to the type fonts directory in control panel and delete old fonts, which are 0 bytes long but still remain in the directory.

Back