Cubase's process for midi

fides40

I guys I want to use cubase 5 in rewire with reason 5 but I have this problem: I don't understand how i can apply some vst effect like EQ's, compressors ecc.. to a midi track, I've saw in cubase 5 there are a limitated set of plug in for midi tracks, why? :banghead:

Thank you advice!!

You need to apply the your fx to the digital audio stream rather than the midi channel. An example would be to add the EQ to the audio channel that references the VST channel or the VST channel itself.

There are very few MIDI plug-ins because they are limited by only being able to send control data, MIDI is not audio it is control data.

When you play a note into a MIDI delay what happens is the note data is read and the plug-in plays more of the same notes and adds less velocity to each note that triggers the instrument that makes the sounds.

What you want works not with MIDI but with audio, ReWire channels work like regular audio channels that you can add VST effects to.

I don't know if i have understand what do you said, so can you play what you rewire into cubase direct into an audio channel (i don't refer to vst instrument).

on the options menu theres a rewire selection, click it and then in the window engage the Mix L and Mix R channels to hear/effect reason's master output.

if you want to process audio streams separately you'll have to hook the devices up to reason's hardware interface then engage those channels in cubase.

Back