cubase won't start up anymore!

urban sun

I've been using cubase sx for a few months and everything was smooth. I didn't open it for a few days and now everytime I try to open it, it initializes all the plugins, starts forming a cubase window and then just shuts down.
Help!

Mine freezes on startup. I have Vista and it ran fine in Vista before...I have a legit trial version that I got with my Lexicon audio interface. I am going to reinstall. Same thing is happening with my Reason3.0 also....its really frustrating.

Do a system restore to that date that it was working.

For above, install XP, **** Vista, I doubt "ALL" audio programs have been thoroughly tested to run w/ Vista.

Last edited:
If it ain't broke don't fix it...don't be a gearslut...stick to XP cause it's way more compatible. Alot of people's gonna be missing out on things cause they go the Vista way...

I had no choice, Vista came with my laptop. I would never have upgraded to Vista by choice. And by the way every program I had working in XP also works in Vista. As for Reason and Cubase, they WERE working in Vista....now they don't....not a Vista compatibility problem.

I'd try to re-install it. I had almost the same problem yesterday and a re-install of Cubase, my Tascam drivers, and my Trigger Finger drivers fixed everything. If that doesn't work, contact Steinberg. Well then again I tried to contact them about 2 weeks ago and never got a response to my support question. I don't know.

Back