Cubase (or/vs.) Logic?

DaOriginalBlade

You're Forgiven
Ok I'm still stuck deciding on the components of my first home studio, now I'm tryin to make my final decision on a good dig. audio sequencer! I notice alot of peepz here have Cubase I dunno if its a biased thing or what but it sounds like its number 1 to me, Cakewalk seems ok but I think if it were between Cakewalk and Logic i'd go with Logic. I was wondering the pro's and con's you guys have found with Cubase and Logic and which u would recomend for me to get. And what is the difference between Cubase SX and SL.. i'm far away from a production expert so i Doubt all the extras in SX would be THAT helpful for me, I was thinking i could just settle on SL (what is the price difference between the 2?)Thanks for the help! peace

And what is the difference between Cubase SX and SL
if you're only using it for a home setup then definitely get SL.

A definite plus for Logic is its environment facility which is extremely good. But depending on how much gear you have may be of no use.

Are you on Mac or PC? If its a PC then get Cubase without a shadow of a doubt! If MAc you have more options, but I personally prefer Cubase over Logic.

Ya, if i had a mac i would get DP 3.1 no doubt, but i'm biased to PCs and Anti-Mac so Cubase SL it is. Funny thing is right now I am working in a studio thats Mac based, but it still hasnt swayed my feelings toward them. I will still get a PC based studio and I thank Cubase SL will do me quite well.. thanks for the help, peace!

Back