Cubase vs. FL Audio Stretching. Can Cubase do this?

61Key

I used to use cubase alot, I have been an FL user forever tho.

I was thinking about possibly purchasing cubase 7 when It drops, I kinda miss that program.

But here's my thing.

I think NOTHING is messin' with audio clips and accapellas like FL..

I can, for EXAMPLE, in FL start a beat at lets say, 130 BMP..
I can drop ANY loops recorded from any tempo, drag it to the playlist, click on the end of the clip/hold ALT, and simply just Drag the audio to stretch it out, or shorten it to fit the grid of my track.. perfect timeing. It takes litterally 3 seconds, and i dont need any menus and dont need to tweak numbers for start and end points and BPM like cubase (from what i remeber)..
But wait, the pitch just ****edup.. EASY, select Pro Default and it fixes the pitch back to normal..

It is SO EASY in FL. nothing to it! just click, hold ALT and Drag the clip. EASY!

What i remember from cubase, I have to select my clip, dig thru the menu to select time stetch, a crazy lookin menu full of start and end points, numbers and shit, Why so much trouble? Can't i just click and drag that audio clip to stretch in cubase?

If cubase 7 can't even fuk with FL studio when it comes to audio stretching, i might have to pass on it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Other stuff i wanna say that dosent really mattter much.

I can take any acapella and fit it to ANY beat in fl, in a matter of seconds.. no menus, no guessing numbers, just fit any acaella to any beat, just click and drag, stretch till correct leghnth then hit pro default to restore pitch. Its so easy, fastest way i have ever seen, it almost too damn easy..
I can take a 4 minit snare track and fit ANY acapella to it and work from there.

I hope it is this easy in cubase, I was looking through you tube videos and why dose it take a 7 minit video to show me some shit that should be able to do in a matter of seconds without digging thru menus and entering numbers.

Just wondering, im not tryna bash cubase, like i said, if it can do audio like FL, i will def be buying the program.

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-19-2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

wanted to come back here to say I found my work around. It's awsome!

as I wrote in another post, this.........

Drop FL in there as a VSTi. that way to can use the fl audio clips, fl drums, slicer, and even the mixer.. when cubase play button is pushed, fl rolls right with it..... It will still roll along synced even if you sequeced certain sounds and audio clips from inside either/or program. Pretty unlimited. Save your project in cubase and FL will save everything automatically just like any other vst would. Convienent!!

Still wondering about the cubase audio clips if you can click and drag to easy stretch if it is possible, but FL seems to be my new way and i like it so much when used as VSTi whithin cubase.

I was skimming through the cubase manual not too long ago. The wave editor on that thing is too beastly. I'm sure as hell you could pull that off

Back