Cubase Transport Panel Help

vinny246

Right.. Somehow i have moved my transport panel in cubase 5 behind my task bar for windows 7. I know this because as you are probably aware, windows 7 task bars are transparent.

Anyway, how do i get my transport panel back into an area of my screen i can actually function??

ive tried turning off and on the transport panel.. ive tried shutting down cubase and restarting it with a new file...

I can't see your image so I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly, but have you tried changing workspace? I don't remember if there's actually a Reset workspace or a default workspace you can revert to.

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Looking at the forum over at Cubase.net it seems you are not the only one having this problem.

If nothing else works this might be a solution:

Solution for Cubendo 4 (hope it works with 5, also)

1. Close Cubase
2. Look for file 'defaults.xml' in cubase preferences folder - in my case c:\Documents and Settings\Zabukowski\Application Data\Steinberg\Cubase 4'.
3. Backup file 'defaults.xml' !!!
4. Edit file 'defaults.xml' with notepad.
5. Search for string 'TransportWindow'

Few lines below you'll find coordinates (H, V) for Transport Window. When Transport Windows dissapears, those values will likely be very strange, possibly negative.
Modify them to sensible values according to your screen resolution and save file.

6. Start Cubase

Can't you just move the taskbar to a different part of the screen and then move the panel?

I use Cubase 4, not sure if they made some change the the transport bar...

Back