Cubase 'Time Markers' Help Wanted!

SimonT

Hi All!

Anyone good with time markers and cycle markers in Cubase 5?

I wondered how good they can be for analysing songs. In other words can you stack them as to label say 3 or 4 things occurring at one time?

I also need help on how to use both of them.

Thanks!

I'm working with Cubase for round about 16 years - but your question don't make sense to me. Could you specify it?

Yeah, hi mate.

What I want to do (I've already imported one song) and lined it up (know it's bpm etc) and want to use markers to signify when changes happen within the song, for analysing purposes. So '4/4 Kick Starts Here', 'Bass Starts Here', 'Vocal Starts Here', 'Kick stops here' etc so I can understand structure better for my genre.

As I said, I could with being able to stack markers, 'cause several things could be happening at once.

Stacked Markers FL.jpg Here's an example of a track I've started on FL Studio. I've used paint to show 4 stacked up. That's what I would like to do. You can only stack 1 on FL Studio too.

Last edited:
OK, I think I gotcha.
Yes it's possible to stack markers. You could name 'em also you can rearrange the order of the info columns in the inspector area of the marker track for better overview.

Hope that helps. Any further questions?

Yeah, I'm stumped to how you really use them. As I say, I've imported the song, bpm adjusted, now what do I do? lol! How do I add one? as I go aloing. I've seen a video where you have to name the markers you want first, but I don't know what I want till it crops up.

Last edited:
I use the markers to mark :D the different parts of a song (intro, verse, hook, bridge and so on). That helps me while I'm mixing or mastering to jump fast from one part to another to check e.g. levels. But that's just one usage.

You can create markers by drawing 'em in with the pencil tool.

You don't have to name the markers first, you even have to name 'em at all it's upon your choice if you do it or not.

Last edited:
So can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this please?

Cubase 5.1. Track is imported, bpm is set, metronome is bang on time. What next?

Back