cubase sx3 vocal recording problem

D

davidd210

well im using a alesis multi track usb mixer and whenever i record my vocal tracks i get the music track in the background of the vocals how can i take that off

This seems like a clear case of an audio routing error.
Make sure the audio tracks are routed properly to the mixer channels

How's everything connected to the mixer? i mean can u show/tell how you've connected the cables to your mixer?

Man Fiazio you really have no clue sometimes. This is most likely a problem with audio leaking from the headphones. There are some great studio booth headphones that help with this a great deal. Sennheiser's HD 280's are common but I find that DirectSound Ex series to be better. They start at about $60. Also turn down your headphones a little.

I had a similar type of problem when i didn't plug all my cables correctly to the mixer. The sound which was coming out from the computer was going back again when recording through the mic as well.

I had a similar type of problem when i didn't plug all my cables correctly to the mixer. The sound which was coming out from the computer was going back again when recording through the mic as well.

That's true. I do see that a lot when people by mixers when they don't even need one. Just buy a mic pre people!

ok i got it the mic was picking up noises from my headphones so i went to go buy some AKG K271 MKII closed back headphones they cost me 275$ but man what a better sound and the sound dosnet leak at all so thanks guy for the help

you could have got Sony MDR-7506 and saved $175. if you feel like it, go check'em out and compare them to your AKG's and see if the extra $175 is well spent. most studio's i've been to have them in the booths and they sound great to me, but it's your money, i'm just makin a suggestion.
LevLove

Back