:: Cubase SX' missing feature ::

jsalmont

I've been so busy with midi in nuendo I didn't notice the lack of looping stretch algorithms I took for granted in acid. Nuendo doesn't appear to support this feature in any capacity. I use loops for blocking out my rhythms before programming and this puts a cramp in my flow.

Before I set down 10 bills for this I want to be certain it all connects in an efficient way.

Does cubase just not support this feature because it yields poor, amateurish results or is it simply a difficult algorithm to integrate? Seems odd that both cubase and logic missed the wagon like this.

Are there work arounds for users of logic and nuendo/sx? Plugins or something. Kontact has a timestretch feature but I can't figure out how to implement it with regards to the tempo in nuendo. There's a % speed/slow knob that doesn't really correspond to and useful figures. I hope I'm missing something. I'm beginning to think maybe Sonar has the edge in this battle. Despite the cubase' wicked modular undo Sonar covers all the major areas of interest without much compromise.

Just had a thought. Ableton Live. May be the asnwer...

Just when you think you're on the right train...

.:pl

there is definately a time stretching feature in both cubase and logic...i've used them both..

-James

jsalmont said:
Kontact has a timestretch feature but I can't figure out how to implement it with regards to the tempo in nuendo. There's a % speed/slow knob that doesn't really correspond to and useful figures.

In Kontakt you have to left click the % sign (not the numerical value field) to access note values for bpm related stretching.

In Cubase you can work with the beat slicing feature in the audio editor (similar to Recycle, but a pain in the *** I must say), or, using the stretch algorithmn, you can enter stretch values in bpm related values. Granted, none of these methods work as easy as Acid.

If you already have Acid then just drop your loops in there then render at the new bpm. You could even get an arrangement happenening in Acid then render as separate tracks to import into your midi sequencer. This can save time especially if you are remixing.

Back