Cubase SX

tripton

anyone using it already?

i've just finished reading the manual :) looks great, a bunch of new features and finally complete and easy to edit vsti automation, well worth the extra bucks for those of u already using Cubase VST!

Unfortunately I have neither the time or inclination to sit through reading the SX manual or learning a whole new Cubase... I guess I'll do it when I get a break between projects, for now I'm sticking with VST 32 5.1 and Nuendo.

Last edited:
its not cubase at all... its just nuendo with cubase's midi...
i have it now.. everything is nuendo but with graphics like cubase..

LiL j said:
everything is nuendo but with graphics like cubase..

actually... no.

part of the audio engine is nuendo, but there are TONS of features from Cubase (and each is improved), not just the visuals.

They were working on this for 5 years actually.. They probably released Nuendo because they had the SX audio engine ready, and it gave them some time (and money) to continue the development and get the MIDI part done.... Just a theory.. but they did work on it for 5 years

I expect the interface is much the same as 5? I do hope so, it took me bloody ages to get used to it. :)

i know the feeling, blady :) actually a lot has changed...... automation - vsti, vst fx and midi cc's - is much much improved (although the midi controller editor has disapppeared, i got quite used to that :mad: ), and i don't know whether i fully grasped the relationship between audio files - clips - events yet (not to mention regions and parts) :confused:

Last edited:
mano 1 said:
actually... no.
part of the audio engine is nuendo, but there are TONS of features from Cubase (and each is improved), not just the visuals.
They were working on this for 5 years actually.. They probably released Nuendo because they had the SX audio engine ready, and it gave them some time (and money) to continue the development and get the MIDI part done.... Just a theory.. but they did work on it for 5 years
the audio engine is nuendo with new features and good midi now... everything i did in nuendo is the same in sx but it has a few new things. it seems stable.. i haven't had any problems with it.. i had one with importing a nuendo file but i fixed it...

i wonder what they're gonna do with nuendo 2...??? i guess we'll find out this fall...
Bearded Lady said:
I expect the interface is much the same as 5? I do hope so, it took me bloody ages to get used to it. :)
the interface isn't cubase's.. its nuendo's.. so no the interface isn't the same as cubase vst/32 5.. if you haven't used nuendo b4 it shouldn't be that hard for you to learn sx, back when i used vst32 and switched to nuendo i knew it in a weekend..

LiL j said:

the interface isn't cubase's.. its nuendo's.. so no the interface isn't the same as cubase vst/32 5.. if you haven't used nuendo b4 it shouldn't be that hard for you to learn sx, back when i used vst32 and switched to nuendo i knew it in a weekend..

Thanks for the info, fella. I think i`ll hold fire a bit longer before I step up. (Im using Windows ME anyway, so need to upgrade Windows first)

Back