Cubase and recording midi

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
Hi guys and girls!

I have a problem.. Something that I'm not entirely sure if I always had or not, at least I don't really remember having this issue on my laptop before I got a dedicated desktop pc.

The problem is with midi recording and.. Well it's just really wrong. I'm not the best keyboard player in the world, but I'm not that bad that I couldn't keep the rhythm somewhat in time, and while it sounds fine as I'm playing it, the recorded midi part is recorded early, by somewhere between a 32nd and a 64th note, and it's consistently like that no matter how many times I try to get even the simplest of patterns on spot.

I've read some online about people having the same issues, referring to midi time stamps and delay compensations etc etc.. I have tried every possible combination (at least many) of settings in Cubase device setup and preferences with regards to recording and delay compensations to no avail.

I'm really hoping for someone to help me out on this, as I'm getting increasingly aware that it's there, and with that more frustrated and confused.

My keyboard at the moment is an oxygen 49 3rd gen plugged in through usb, and the audio interface is a scarlett 2i4 (also USB)
The PC is an Asus Desktop M11AD, Intel i7-4770S 3.1ghz, 8gb Ram, 64bit windows 8.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel

Hello,

Have you enabled the "System Timestamp for Windows MIDI"?
If not please go to Devices > Device Setup > MIDI Port Setup > and mark the box that says: Use system timestamp for Windows MIDI inputs.

Best regards,
GN

Yes I have and also have tried a whole bunch of other settings with regards to record delay shifting and delay compensation etc etc.. I'm really at a loss here.

Back