Cubase question

vato22

What up peeps? I bought cubase 3.5 off ebay and I went to install it but it says I need a key of some sort. Does anybody know if I can buy this key or did I get ripped off?

Last edited:
You got ripped off. Unless it came with a license to transfer to a Syncroft key. You can buy the keys but you need the license to put on it. How much did you pay? You can buy a Lexicon Alpha for $80 and it comes with Cubase Le 4. It's has limits but they are the same limits that ProTools 8 has. I would pay $80 for the software alone.

visit steinberg website to check on license transfering. Contact their support as well. There may be a fee involved but it should be available to you.

What up peeps? I bought cubase 3.5 off ebay and I went to install it but it says I need a key of some sort. Does anybody know if I can buy this key or did I get ripped off?

if this is orginal cubase "3.5" without sl/sx you need the parrell port dongle for it and not the syncsort dongle...

the orginal cubase "3.5." without sl/sx is about 10 years old. contact the person who you brought the software from and see if he/she has it. cubase "3.5" will not run without it.

Back