From Cubase onto CD

Troublesome_uk

anyone know if and how i go about putting a song from cubase onto a cd (or onto my computer so i can send it people) without the sound changin? ive tried exportin it to a midi fil but the soundz came out all different so i dont know if thats the way to go about doin it.
cheerz in advance...unless no-one replies n then **** ya'z!! lol j/k

Last edited:
Do you mean the actual overall song, or the project .cpr ?
If its the project then burn the folder which contains the .cpr plus the Audio, Images, Edits and Fades folders onto a CD. However, if you are using midi in the song and it isnt on GM, then when someone else loads it up and plays it on their computer the MIDI data will trigger different sounds.

It you just want the overall song then just do Export, Audio mixdown which will bounce down everything into one file, but if you are using MIDI in the song then record the audio which the MIDi is being used to trigger otherwise it wont show in the final sound file.

you need to export your song as a stereo audio file, either in mp3 or wav format (16/44 wav if you're burning to cd). first record any midi parts, then export only the audio tracks. i use sonar so i'm sure it's a little different in cubase, but same idea.

= chiisu

Carnage said:
Do you mean the actual overall song, or the project .cpr ?
If its the project then burn the folder which contains the .cpr plus the Audio, Images, Edits and Fades folders onto a CD. However, if you are using midi in the song and it isnt on GM, then when someone else loads it up and plays it on their computer the MIDI data will trigger different sounds.

It you just want the overall song then just do Export, Audio mixdown which will bounce down everything into one file, but if you are using MIDI in the song then record the audio which the MIDi is being used to trigger otherwise it wont show in the final sound file.

err sorry to be a dumb fool but that last bit...

"if you are using MIDI in the song then record the audio which the MIDi is being used to trigger otherwise it wont show in the final sound file."

is the bit i need and is the bit i dont understand! lol
i dont know how i do it

What MIDI instrument are you using? Is it a VSTi or an external synth? What you need to do is record enable an audio track, press record on the transport and then make sure the input for the audio track is set to where ever you hear the sound from.

Are you using an external mixer?:sing:

Carnage said:
What MIDI instrument are you using? Is it a VSTi or an external synth? What you need to do is record enable an audio track, press record on the transport and then make sure the input for the audio track is set to where ever you hear the sound from.

Are you using an external mixer?:sing:

im usin a yamaha mu15 sound module. i'l av a go at whut u sed n get back to ya! cheerz for ya help........... (no mixer btw)

aiight i had a go but ddnt know where to start lol
ive recorded all my stuff usin the mu15 n soundz fine when i play it into cubase....but i still ****s up (i say still but i doubt ive tried anythin new!) when i export it to an mp3 file...i dunno if i should click export audio cuz im using midi..when i do i get no sound in windows media player...if i export midi...the soundz come out different.

Last edited:
Right,
ive recorded all my stuff usin the mu15 n soundz fine when i play it into cubase

when you say you've recorded it Im guessing you mean you've recorded the MIDI data but not the actual audio

i dunno if i should click export audio cuz im using midi.
, export audio will only export audio: no MIDI.

You say it sounds fine when you play it in Cubase, so whats happening is Cubase sends the MIDI data to your mu15, which triggers the audio you want to hear. This audio is then sent back to your soundcard which aloows you to hear it.

On the audio trach you want to record the sounds to, make sure you have the right input selected. Look in VST inputs to check cubase is seeing your soundcard, which I guess it is, and that all inputs are activated. In device setup, look in VST multitrack, check whaich driver you are using and on the control panel check the inputs from your soundcard are active.

If this doesnt work tell me what soundcard you are using, and some of its properties: number of I/O and what typea of I/O.

Back