Cubase Mixdown Question

conchis

Hi. I running a midi track to Absynth and I want to export it to audio so as to free up the instrument. But, when I do the mixdown, I either get nothing, one note at the beginning (but nothing else) or it's overloaded with triggered sounds from the synth because of the audition (i think).

How can I get a clean mixdown?

thx in advance

Last edited:
another question which is mostly likely connected:

when i'm playing the absynth via midi, i get no signal or levels on the mixer. apparently, the sound created in not being routed back to cubase. do i have to set that up.

and if that were set up, would i just be able to solo that track and a new audio track and record on the audio track the sounds that the midi/absynth track i producing?

have you installed any Absynth updates? This type of problems can be caused by updating the standalone version without updating the plugin.

Hey conchis, are you using audioware with your setup? If you are, and you have your absynth rounted to a bus output, of your hardware, you'll need to route absynth to the master out!

Let us know how it goes

Musically yours
Quincy

Hey conchis,

for example, your absnyth is is routed out to bus 2 of your auido hardware, what you'll need to do is change the output of the absynth channel to Master! If your using sends effects, you also need to change their outputs to Master as well!
When exporting audio in Cubase, all channels must be routed to your master, other wise your exported file will be blank!

Musically yours
Quincy72

I always find it better to actually record the audio into my soundcard as opposed to streaming it into the program. This has 2 advantages. 1) It takes way less processing power. 2) It doesn't sound artificial like most soft synths have a tendency to do.

Good point Ecstacy, for some strange reason I found my mixes sound better when I record back into my audio card.

conchis said:
another question which is mostly likely connected:

when i'm playing the absynth via midi, i get no signal or levels on the mixer. apparently, the sound created in not being routed back to cubase. do i have to set that up.

Look on the properties of the midi track that absynth is playing in Cubase and hit the monitor button. It's a little speaker symbol in SX , not sure about previous versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back