Cubase Export and RoomWorks Problem

Zuzubarao

Hi guys, its my first post here, and i'm sorry if i'm posting into the wrong place.
I'm completly desperate about this problem.

Ok , lets go to the problem.

First i was about to export mixdown, and was a little bug into the mp3 file, like distorcing some parts of the track.
Then i tried to export again, and simply NO AUDIO , when i plaid the mp3 file.

Then i though (wtf is going on, let me play in cubase and see whats happening), AND just no audio at all as coming out in cubase, then a really LOUD and high pitched noise started, like some bug or whatever.
For some reason when i turn the ROOMWORKS off, the track came back to normal.

And apparently, just this project in particular are having this problem. -.-

I really dont know what to do, and even what i did to make this shit happen.

ZZZ.jpg

Does it matter if you unload the plugin, and then load another instance of it? Does it do this with that same plugin in a new project too? (not just the old ones)

If this is the only time it has happened, and it won't happen again.. I'd say shit happens and get on with my life :P

Does it matter if you unload the plugin, and then load another instance of it? Does it do this with that same plugin in a new project too? (not just the old ones)

If this is the only time it has happened, and it won't happen again.. I'd say shit happens and get on with my life :P

That's kind of weird, coz, if i open the "problematic" project, and then close the project (but not cubase) and then open a new project and try to use roomworks, it does the same problem.
BUT , if i restart cubase and open a new project, it works just fine with roomworks.
So i really dont know what's happening.

Definitely sounds glitchy to me.. all kinds of weird things can happen I guess, and I'm not nearly technical enough to give you any insight as to why this is happening. I've had sounds disappearing from my friends projects, only to re-appear again when I bring the projects home..

So re-loading the plugin in that project does nothing I guess? Sounds to me like some information has gone haywire in that project, and is messing with the communication between the plugin and Cubase itself..

What happens if you go into that project, un-load the plugin, save as a new project, re-open the old one?
Alternatively, un-load the plugin, save new, close Cubase, and then re-open the new save and then the old?
Just save the problematic project as a new project, close Cubase and re-open either of them?
What about one of the backup projects? Try to revert as far back as you can to see if you can't figure out where things went wrong..
Open a new project, add a track and load Roomworks as an insert or whatever, then save that project and try to close it and open the old one again.

These are the kind of things I usually try to do to "un-glitch" stuff that I can't explain.. and sometimes you'd be surprised how well it works. You have to act glitchy to solve a glitch :P

Last edited:
Ok, i will try to un-load the plugin, and save as new project, close cubase, and open the new.
Because, i tried to save the old one as new project, and the problem persist.

What i've not tried, is to unload the plugin, then, save as new project, then re-open cubase and try to use the plugin again.

I'm coming back with news in a few minutes.

Well, didnt work.

And another funny thing, this thing started to happen this morning.
I uploaded yesterday's backup, and the shit still happening.

HOW THE F***?!

;/

computer support 101

I need you to turn the machine off
leave it off for 10 minutes
now restart it
now reload cubase
and try your project

reprot results

ps export to wav first and then use an external mp3 convertor

why? in case there is some rogue process running or some glitch in memory allocation - this process will ensure that it is removed

computer support 101

I need you to turn the machine off
leave it off for 10 minutes
now restart it
now reload cubase
and try your project

reprot results

ps export to wav first and then use an external mp3 convertor

why? in case there is some rogue process running or some glitch in memory allocation - this process will ensure that it is removed

Well, i did what u told me to, and did not work.

Worth to tell that i'm using MAC OS Cubase 7.07 , in a MAC of course.

Thanks a lot for your attention!
If you could give me any other options to try, would be great!

Well I'm at a loss here.. I pretty much exhausted my usual frantic techniques that I try when I have similar issues. So short of actually re-installing Cubase, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Last edited:
Back