Cubase 5 Missing Ports

Nickkhaligh

Every time I run cubase 5 a window pops up at the start of the project titled "Missing Ports" and
ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver - Line-Out - 1 Unmapped
- Stereo Out - left
ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver - Line-Out - 2 Unmapped
- Stereo Out - right

When I click on "unmapped" a drop-down menu appears with the only option saying "Not Connected."

No sound is being played by the program, how can I fix this problem?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

bump? I dont know if bumps are prohibited or anything. I could really use some help

Every time I run cubase 5 a window pops up at the start of the project titled "Missing Ports" and
- Stereo Out - left
- Stereo Out - right

When I click on "unmapped" a drop-down menu appears with the only option saying "Not Connected."

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

bump? I dont know if bumps are prohibited or anything. I could really use some help

It's not really a problem. It's saying that something has changed in your driver/input/output configuration has changed from what was present when that particular song file was saved. Or perhaps you've newly installed Cubase and have not chosen the ASIO driver in the VST settings. You'll notice that you get those messages every time you open a demo tune as well. In VST Connections you can route whatever is shown as not connected to an available input or output with the current interface/driver you're using. Also, you will need to have the correct audio drivers being used in the VST Settings.

yep what L.A Stone said above.
If u want the exacts of what to do. Once cubase is open and u hav that message just go to

Devices tab in cubase main----device set up----left hand side go to vst audio system----then select your audio driver and press ok.
After this then go to Devices again----vst connects--- in this u click in output and add your audio device

Nethew= Exactly. Sometimes my driver settings change without a reason.. So I go to my device setup- driver settings at the beginning of every session to make sure that my current ASIO driver is running, and not the default ASIO.

IndeProducer

- Stereo Out - left
- Stereo Out - right

Have you fixed this problem yet? please help me. I am using win8. It's been ok since I update win 8.1. Up to now I am so headache with this

Back