Cubase 5.01 & Wav Files

xtmarrest

I´m trying to use Cubase 5.01 with various softwares, but when I import wav files to it( to work the track further using Rewire and Reason), I appears the wav files get a little accelerated. Does anybody has a clue of what may be probably happening?
thanx
PS: I´m newbie to cubase and use solely software to compose

Hmm.....dont think ive ever come across that.

What you could try, though, is making sure the sample is 44khz 16bit format. If not, try using Sound Forge or something similar to adjust the sample properties.

Hope this helps.....

Cubase 5.01 & Wav Files II

No man its not that . All the files were rendered using the 44khz 16bit format ..... and they still get a bit acelerated when imported in Cubase. May be it has something to do with the sound card but I´m not sure of that though...

Hmm......sorry fella, ive not had that problem. Hope you sort it.

48 khz

Try to check your sound card sampling frequency settings. Cubase automatically install its own ASIO drivers and set this frqcy to 48 000. In this case you should resample your wavs to 48 or set sampling frq to 44. Or just disable ASIO drivers and set your default sound card drivers (most of them use 44 khz, depending on your snd card).

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is fine now!
Thank you Cube48! Everything was just as you said. The Cubase default for the Asio Driver(an ASIO DirectX Driver in my case) is 48000 Hz. I changed that in a pop-up menu bellow "Audio System Setup" in Cubase, to 44000 Hz to match the imported songs, and the bug was gone! Thank you again!

;-)

By sharing our knowledges and skills our sonic wisdom gets power to shift unconscious barriers of silence :D :D :D

Back