Copying Patterns in Fl Studio 10

s.b. stacks

Ok so I got patterns in FL Studio 10 and I want to copy them to make variations of the pattern to give the beat some variation. So how do I simply copy Pattern 1 to Pattern 2 so I can make variations to it?

bro theres a bunch of ways. you can just click on the channel that you want to copy ( make sure the little green light comes on the channel) and click control+C to copy and then go to pattern two and on the same channel, click control+v to paste it. then you can go into the piano roll and mess with the new pattern.

if your using the playlist, you can click on the little icon on the top left corner of the pattern and click "make Unique"

hope this helps

Last edited:
yep, copy n paste is your friend in FL...also using ghost notes is an easy way to use previous notes, chords, ect. while making a track and you need variation. You can turn them on and off from the helper section within the piano roll of FL.

Also. is there anyway to copy WITHIN a pattern? Say if i make a 4 bar pattern, and decide i want it to be 8 bars, can i copy everything in all the channelsfrom bar 1-4 to bars 5-8?

ya you can copy everything but i think you have to do it by going into piano roll for each channel used in the pattern. as for copying patterns you can right click on any number on the left in the playlist and choose clone selected.

Back