Cool Edit To Cubase?!

Persis

Hey guys,

I've got a project in Cool Edit, that i have to mix for somebody.
However, i would like to mix it in Cubase.

Is there any way in Cool Edit to export each individual track to a wav?
Except right click --> save wav for each track?
This song's got alot of tracks...

In most DAWs it got 1 pretty easy knob/function that exports all wavs for you, even FL has that.

But i'm new to Cool Edit.
If anybody could help me with this, i would be really thankful!

Last edited:
Not 100% sure, but I doubt there's such a function in there. After all, CE was always more of an audio editor with multitrack capabilities rather than a fully fledged DAW, and secondly it's been discontinued for ten years. Basic functions like that weren't always a given :)

There is a function that does this. I think it is render track or consolidation or something along those lines. (sorry for leaving out the specifics haven't used CE is a while)

thx you both for the replies.

p. casso, will be check what i can find along these lines.
i'll let you know.

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-02-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Couldn't find such option.
Have found an *.ses to *.sesx converter though, that way i can export it to an Adobe Audition project file (.sesx)

Adobe Audition does have a feature that exports all tracks to individual wav files.

I cannot post sites, but the app is called Ses2Sesx (by AATranslator) if anyone ever needs it.

^nice... good info.

CEP is super old... but i'm surprised by how many do-it-yourself rappers still use it lol

yeah it's kind of stupid.

this dude went from 'Magix Music Maker' to 'Cool Edit Pro'.....
need i say more..? lol:4theloveofgod:

thx you both for the replies.

p. casso, will be check what i can find along these lines.
i'll let you know.

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-02-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

Couldn't find such option.
Have found an *.ses to *.sesx converter though, that way i can export it to an Adobe Audition project file (.sesx)

Adobe Audition does have a feature that exports all tracks to individual wav files.

I cannot post sites, but the app is called Ses2Sesx (by AATranslator) if anyone ever needs it.

Ses2Sesx will work (provided you have a copy of Audition CS5/6). The more appropriate application is called AATranslator. It will convert a CEP ses file to any number of formats including a Cubase/Nuendo Track Archive (XML).

You can contact me via the AATranslator web site for more info if needed.

Last edited:
i tried ses2sesx and it worked perfectly for this situation.

the mix of the song is almost finished.
however, i'm having troubles in Audition CS6. see my other *new* threat, called: "Adobe Audition Freezes! (Fatal Error) "

so what i want to know is, is there a way to convert a *.sesx back to *.ses or any other format (for other daws, like cubase)
i've read that AATranslator cannot do that.

i tried ses2sesx and it worked perfectly for this situation.

the mix of the song is almost finished.
however, i'm having troubles in Audition CS6. see my other *new* threat, called: "Adobe Audition Freezes! (Fatal Error) "

so what i want to know is, is there a way to convert a *.sesx back to *.ses or any other format (for other daws, like cubase)
i've read that AATranslator cannot do that.

Not sure what you have read but AATranslator would be the only product in existence which could do this.

Send me the sesx that you are having trouble with and I will check it out for you - email just the sesx file via the AATranslator web site

Hey guys,

I've got a project in Cool Edit, that i have to mix for somebody.
However, i would like to mix it in Cubase.

Is there any way in Cool Edit to export each individual track to a wav?
Except right click --> save wav for each track?
This song's got alot of tracks...

In most DAWs it got 1 pretty easy knob/function that exports all wavs for you, even FL has that.

But i'm new to Cool Edit.
If anybody could help me with this, i would be really thankful!

Give me a week or so. I think a friend of mine still has Cool Edit on one of his computers. I will dig up what I used to move their tracks over.

ok, thx for help, i will be waiting

also, Runaway, im sending you the file today asap.

---------- Post added 01-25-2013 at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-11-2013 at 07:45 AM ----------

Runaway fixed my problem!

he converted the Adobe audition SESX file to an Cubase XML.
The fx didn't get converted with it so i gotta re-mix the song, however.....
at least i got it working in cubase!!

Back