Constant Distortion Problem in Cubase 5, In Need of Help!

M

MetronomeAUDiLE

Hello FP,

I've been having a problem in Cubase 5 ever since I installed for the first time. I've had it set it aside for the longest while now, but seeing how useful it is and how much of a waste of both, time and money spent on it, I had came back to it with the same problem.

First off, let me start of by saying that yes, I have configured nearly all stereo / mono; input / output parameters you could possibly find in the software so I'm going to be pissed beyond belief if that may be the problem. It's been like this no matter what I do and a clean install I don't think would do it justice either. I had an Mbox 2 Audio Interface with one of the XLR input's being occupied by no other than the Samson C01 Condenser Microphone. Notice I say had because I don't have it anymore (I still have the Mbox 2, just not the microphone) but if this isn't a problem with the microphone (which I can nearly guarantee because it works with any other software perfectly), then I'm going to need to fix this either way. Basically my problem is, whenever I would record through the mic going into the Mbox 2 and into my computer, playing it back it would sound extremely distorted with high amounts of static, nearly completely indistinguishable. Everything else playback is clean and not distorted but only when I record with the microphone I get that. I don't have a clue what the problem is and I've tried researching with little to no results on my specific problem. It's as if Cubase purposely doesn't need me to record vocals. Right now, I'm stuck with a cheap USB microphone that I can recall working on an entirely different PC in my house from a few years ago with the same copy of Cubase. So the variables are kinda randomized and renders that idea useless. Any ideas FutureProducers?

I'm planning on buying a new condenser microphone like the MXL 990 or the AT2020, but I'm not spending a penny until my problem is solved and I can record properly without any static or distortion.

Back