Considering Live 9 Suite. How bad is lack of ADC (automated delay compensation)

Cayden Carrell

Have been using Logic for a long time but really LOVE the workflow of A Live 9 Suite.
Will the lack of ADC in Live 9 be troublesome? I have ALOT of AU plugins; some of them heavy driven. Also have Waves, Fabfilter etc.
I´m currently on a MacBook Pro (pre retina) 8 GB ram. Going MacPro as soon as the new models comes out.

Thanks in advance.

I was more thinking doing it the other way around; asking people that have been running A Live for years. :)
I have DLed the demo but not stresstested it.

Anyways; I´m buying Live 9 Suite and Abelton Push on monday.

Thanks.
Seems like I´ve been misguided (by my own searches;). From what I now understand ADC came in with v8 but was not too good.
Well I´ll find out monday. I just need this DAW and PUSH.

Last edited:
Bought 9 Suite and PUSH today. Installed. Running. The usual "learn a new DAW" depression has kicked in :) Slooow for now
I have been searching for help on zoom in "arrange". Seems to me there is a very limited possibilty for zoom compared to Logic.
Weird. Really weird.

Other than that it runs fine for now, but no stresstest really; just testing out all of my plug-ins. Running 64-bit mode.

Last edited:
I'm new here, went looking for a good DAW forum and found this. I know this won't help the OP but I'm struggling with the lag time. I was working with a female singer this weekend, her timing was perfect to my ears, but when I played back the track it was waaay behind the beat. I had to turn off the grid and manually slide her takes to get them to line up (kinda sorta). Since there were multiple takes and punch-ins I had to do that for every recording. Not good. I never had this problem in Cubase and I can't believe they didn't address it in the Live 9 release. There are plenty of complaints on the web, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority. Most people probably aren't trying to use Live like a hard disk recorder. I've programmed beats and software synths in Live for several years (had it since version 7) and always really liked the workflow, but I'm kind of shocked by this problem. Anybody else encounter this? Any good workarounds? I think I'll save the $300 stick with Live 8 for now and then jump to Bitwig when it comes out.

Sorry for the sour post, I've been a Live fanboy until this :-/

I haven´t recorded audio yet with Live and doubt I will as I´m planning on using Live more as a creative tool and making beats and the music part of my projects.
I will try some audio recording and get back to you. I´m currently on a Pre-Retina Mac Book Pro with 8 GB ram running Live 9 64-bit.
I have however experienced some latency when using Nexus 2. But all of a sudden it´s gone when I start a new project so there is def something weird going on with that.
But all and all I really LOVE Live9.
Learned a tecnique to set up a drumrack yesterday with literally gives 128 different drum sounds on every of the 16 pads by making a macro.
So hitting the PAD for kick I can just turn a knob (whatever hardware knob I decide to link it to) and audition 128 kicks on the fly. Beat that!
Thats a whopping 128 x 16 sounds. All in the same 16 pad drum kit.
Here is a link to the tutorial to set up such a drum rack.

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2013 at 01:11 PM ----------

Must say I am starting to really Love Live 9 Suite.
What took a lot of time some days ago is really speeding up.
And getting to know the shortcuts of key/midi mapping really helps.
Berkley has some good videos on Abelton Live at Youtube

Last edited:
Back