Changing the sample rate in Cubase 7.5

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
So I'm trying to change the sample rate of my projects and audio setup to 48khz and change the resolution to 24 bit.

But what happens is that if I change the project sample rate to 48khz, it asks me if I want to adjust the project sample rate because the asio sample rate is not the same. However if I go to the device setup and try to change the sample rate for my audio there, it lets me select 48 khz, but doesn't actually seem to keep those changes as it simply reverts back to 44.1.

Any suggestions why this happens and how to fix it?
I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Cubase 7.5.20, Windows 8.1.

Cheers,
D

Change the sample rate on your interface before launching cubase.
After you do that, launch cubase and change the project sample rate.

The only thing I seem to be able to find in Windows is the Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver control panel, and that only has a single slider for ms, nothing else.

EDIT;

I tried to change the buffer length, and now I can't start Cubase anymore.

Last edited:
Close all audio related programs, even your browser.

Search the control panel for "Manage audio devices" and open it.
Highlight your device and then click on "Properties"
Click on the "Advanced" tab. Change the sample rate there.

Ok, I did that, and all I had to choose from there was different sample rate settings in 16 bit. There was no option to change anything to 24 bit at all.

Now I got some runtime error when trying to open Cubase, and weird clicks and pops (accompanied by flashing lights on my 2i4) whenever I open up the browser, or a new tab or anything really..

cubase runtime error.jpg

EDIT; So a simple reboot fixed that, but still can't change my sample rate and bit resolutions.

Another edit...

So, for no apparent reason, going into the control panel for my audio device in Cubase now let's me change the sample rate, and this time it keeps the settings and configuring the project setup accordingly now matches both the sample rate and the bit resolution.

Anyone mind telling me what the **** is going on here? :S

Last edited:
make sure you are running the latest drivers for your interface and not just the default ones that windows provides.

I am running the latest drivers, I went to Focusrite's website earlier today and checked it, they haven't updated those drivers since I got this audio interface.

But the weirdest thing here is that it all of a sudden just started to work.. like it just broke down completely and then worked better than before. I don't get it and am just curious right now as to what is going on..

Back