Can't Open 24-bit Samples in Logic?

T

tech

I am having an issue with playing back 24-bit samples in Logic........I have a delta 44, which supports 24-bit, yet yesterday I recorded a song in Reason in 24-bit and it gave me an error in Logic when I tried to import it saying I couldn't open the file because it was 24b........I also can't play .aiff files........I know it's not the sound card because Reason can play and record in 24.....anyone know if there is a setting in logic or something that will allow me to play and record 24-bit? I'm bewildered.......thanks!! :D

what version of Logic are you using? I understand that its only the upto date Platinum release that supports 24bit......maybe worth checking out the emagic website for more info

Adam

Adam said:
what version of Logic are you using? I understand that its only the upto date Platinum release that supports 24bit......maybe worth checking out the emagic website for more info

Adam

oh snap! you're right Adam........I'm using the Gold version.....duh.

anyway, while we're on it, how important is 24 bit? I mean, should I make the move to upgrade to Platinum or is it not essential :D

thanks!

Personally,

i dont think that 24bit is essential. most sample editing programs use 16 bit as standard (but give other options also) giving adequate sound quality for most music productions. Im not an expert in this area but i stick to 16 bit and am happy with what i hear!

Maybe someone else could comment on the advantages of using 24bit?

Adam

The only real advantage i can think of is you get a significant amount more depth of sound. Really heavy complicated tracks will sound a lot less cluttered. Of course, someone with a lot of mixing skill can avoid hte cluttered sound anyway.

-James

Back