can you do 128th note grid in ableton 7?

j burner

ive been wondering this . if not ,how do you guys do ghost notes in ableton 7, and also any chopping tips in ableton would be welcomed. i have live 7 and an xstation 61.

i heard something about doubling the tempo u use and space your notes out more. gives u the opportunity to use smaller notes. i dont use ableton but people do it in FL too.

j burner said:
how do you guys do ghost notes in ableton 7, and also any chopping tips in ableton would be welcomed.
by turning quantize off. i have some tips in a thread a few days ago about choppin.
LevLove

Some corrections -

1) The record quantize indeed tops out at 1/16th notes
2) The regular quantize goes to 1/32ths
3) The Live grid goes down to 1/16384th notes, which I'd imagine is enough for everyone. Below that, the grid just turns off completely.

krushing said:
Some corrections -

1) The record quantize indeed tops out at 1/16th notes
2) The regular quantize goes to 1/32ths
3) The Live grid goes down to 1/16384th notes, which I'd imagine is enough for everyone. Below that, the grid just turns off completely.
whats up krushing, so how do i get the grid to 1/128th notes?

Last edited:
griddk0.gif

krushing said:
good looking , im on it.

ok i got it, just go to narrowest grid and zoom in on timeline . i guess i was looking for it to say 128th notes, but yeah i see all the tiny grids now, so thanks again i just now have to learn how to lower vol on ghosts notes. everytime i lower a ghost note it still plays at same vol. i think it has to do with something in drum racks. if i use midi drumkits it will lower vol but on wavs it wont lower vol on ghost notes. i turned vol curve on my xstation to 127 but thats not it so it has to be something on the sampler instrument that drum racks makes.

Last edited:
i know on the el cheapo software yamaha gave out with the motif's before cubase the grid goes to 64th and like 15th tuplets.

j burner said:
good looking , im on it.

ok i got it, just go to narrowest grid and zoom in on timeline . i guess i was looking for it to say 128th notes, but yeah i see all the tiny grids now, so thanks again i just now have to learn how to lower vol on ghosts notes. everytime i lower a ghost note it still plays at same vol. i think it has to do with something in drum racks. if i use midi drumkits it will lower vol but on wavs it wont lower vol on ghost notes. i turned vol curve on my xstation to 127 but thats not it so it has to be something on the sampler instrument that drum racks makes.
did you do a 'slice to new midi track' and select the "built in-o vel" option? that makes everything in that new drum rack full velocity, that maybe why your not getting "ghost notes". you can select "built in" and it will be velocity sensitive or you can adjust the vel-vol envelope in the Simplers they have loaded in the drum rack.
LevLove

LevLover said:
did you do a 'slice to new midi track' and select the "built in-o vel" option? that makes everything in that new drum rack full velocity, that maybe why your not getting "ghost notes". you can select "built in" and it will be velocity sensitive or you can adjust the vel-vol envelope in the Simplers they have loaded in the drum rack.
LevLove
no i didnt but now i will, man you and all the fellas just dont know how you helped me today , peace

j burner said:
i guess i was looking for it to say 128th notes, but yeah i see all the tiny grids now

In the clip view it does say the division at the lower right corner...

Back