buying software off of ebay

bigakizzle

bout ta come fo it bitces
I was thinking about getting reason 4 and looked on ebay and they had copies for like 100 dollars. anybody ever copped software off the net? is it safe? suggestions?

just ask them if you get the license transferred into your name...other than that, don't fu(k w/ it...after they tell you yes, make sure the license is transferrable by contacting the software company for the product ur purchasing...i've bought reason and live off of ebay...both legit....usually if its a crack w/ no license, the seller won't respond to ur question when u ask "do i get the license to the product if i buy it?"....when its legit, they always respond to u..

most times i have a smooth transaction w/ ebay, and every now and then someone tries to fu(k u over...out of all the transactions i've done on ebay since 2003, i've had something go wrong 3 times, so,
good luck and happy bidding...

good lookin blu chippa. ya boy gone definetly ask and make sure it aint a cracked version

I wouldn't **** with it unless they were an authorized re-seller, but if they were, you prolly wouldn't get a good deal, because they can't sell too low.

^^not to come @ u sideways, but what is an authorized RE-SELLER?? if someone is selling it new, they are authorized to sell it @ if its new and un-opened...ur authorized to sell it if it is opened, unless the licenses don't transfer...and if ur talking about what i think u are when u say authorized re-seller, i bought live 5 and an m-audio axiom 49 bundled for 450 bucks legit from an "authorized re-seller", so you do get much better deals than ur local guitar center....what does they can't sell too low mean? i just don't know what ur talking about @ all in ur post???

Last edited:
^^^ An Authorized Dealer or "Re-Seller", is a dealer that usually buys direct from the manufacturer. This means you will be getting a new product with full warranty. Some sellers "grey market" may sell the same item brand new but are not authorized to sell it, so you get no warranty from the manufacturer.

You can get good deals from Authorized Dealers, you just have to ask. If you are an authorized dealer you can't advertise a product below a certain price, that doesn't mean they can't sell it lower.

btw I just realized that doesn't really matter to software if there is a license transfer (make sure they are not going to charge you extra as some do) more for hardware purchases.

Last edited:
Yes, read the terms & conditions some may deny you customer support and if you are not a registered user you won't be allowed to upgrade or be eligible for any other offers the company gives registered users.

Like I mentioned if they are doing a transfer of license then the new owner is eligible for all that and it does not matter. If you are just getting discs and a serial number which can't be registered I would pass.

i bought reason from someone on ebay w/ like 30 transactions or whatever you call them, he said it was transferable and showed a pic of the orig. box and everything...then mailed me a cracked copied cd..it was f'd up...its my only bad ebay experience ever...be careful...now i mess with sample cd's only...no programs..

The only thing I bought was reason 4 upgrade for $90 of ebay. I was skeptical, but went for it. It worked out, but I would only buy from an authorized dealer or someone with with very high feedback with the item brand new.

Back