Bought Maschine used and is already registered. What should I do?

SmooveMode

I purchased Maschine on Ebay through a clearing house of sorts. When I loaded the software if gave me that "this software is already registered, blah blah". I told the clearing house about it and they are willing to take the product back. But, I was wondering if there's a way for NI to contact the former owner so they can tell or force him to remove the Maschine key I now own. I have proof of purchase. Obviously if it ended up that it was stolen from him, He could get his stuff back from the clearing house. But, If he sold it to them, he should be responsible for removing the Key I have from his account. What do you think? Only NI can look up the user.

The best thing to do is contact NI and see what they know about the Serial Number? That's really all you can do actually? Unless you got a major good buy on it, I would send it back, that's going to be a huge pain in the a$$!

Right Now, Guitar Center has Maschine for $545 and there is a coupon online there where if you spend $400 or more you get an extra $50 off, so you could get a new one for $495.

ONE

I guess you could try to contact NI and see what they can do about it, doesn't look like a great situation for you though.

This is why buying used software is usually a bad idea, usually it's stolen, or the serials already registered and it's just a big headache!

As long as it's not the academic version the original owner can submit a license transfer via Native Instruments.

- V

Try NI
If there no help send it back
they should be on sale soon

good shyt....a friend of mine only uses maschine(in standalone mode) and protools and that's all he uses...he's in the process of sampling his modules into maschine....from what i heard this is a phenominal unit if u can wrap your head around it...as with anything dont be intimidated by the learning curve....

good shyt....a friend of mine only uses maschine(in standalone mode) and protools and that's all he uses...he's in the process of sampling his modules into maschine....from what i heard this is a phenominal unit if u can wrap your head around it...as with anything dont be intimidated by the learning curve....

That sounds cool. I need to get used to the sequencer. The manual is not as clear as I would like it to be(needs more pictures). I know there's tutorials, but they are more like demo tutorials and not "Maschine for dummies" tutorials.

That sounds cool. I need to get used to the sequencer. The manual is not as clear as I would like it to be(needs more pictures). I know there's tutorials, but they are more like demo tutorials and not "Maschine for dummies" tutorials.

I realize that you worked this problem out a long time ago. But for those that come across this thread and have any questions about how to get their used Maschine re-registered and installed onto their own computer:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xZY7S8S9AaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back