big problem with brand new super computer!

kofman13

Just got a bangin new computer, overclocked to 4GHZ 6 core i7 5820K, 16GB ddr4, msi x99s gaming 7 board.
Compared to my older 2011 lenovo laptop, the projects play amazingly smooth no stuttering, tons of ram and CPU headroom. but the weird thing is zooming into a big track and scrolling using overview is amazingly SUPER choppy and slow.
Playback is smooth but the green levels are choppy on channels and even the Time Maker while track is playing smoothly, visually freezes and skips. Duplicating a channel in a big project takes 30-40 seconds. even in an empty project, creating a new audio track takes 2-3 seconds, when on my old laptop its instant.
So basically CPU and Ram tasks like actually running plugins and playing the track are GREAT, projects that were 100% cpu usages, are now 23% with this new computer, but like scrolling and moving around in a track, duplicating, deleting, creating channels, copying plugins is INSANELY slow. even slower than my old laptop and this one is supposed to be amazing, it has the best components

Sorry! Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
The problem seems to have been fixed for now.... Went to advanced system settings and changed visuals to "best performance"
Funny that it fixed it since this is such a powerful computer. So far I've loaded the project 6 times and 5 out of those, everything was smooth and perfect

Sorry! Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
The problem seems to have been fixed for now.... Went to advanced system settings and changed visuals to "best performance"
Funny that it fixed it since this is such a powerful computer. So far I've loaded the project 6 times and 5 out of those, everything was smooth and perfect

I have found with windows OS in genreal that unless you specify which things have cpu and ram allocated to them (as in visual performance, etc) the defaults will make you think that things are worse than they are actually are

Last edited:
Back