best software?

brizaling

quick question: what is the best software for me if i am into producers such as J.R. Rotem and Dr. Dre and Swizz Beatz and such? (Music: Drake, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Jason Derulo, Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz)

there is no best music making software everyone uses different stuff. On Eminem's last album alone there were beats made on hardware, logic, reason, fruity loops and I am sure a slew of other things. Just pick a program learn it and make music

quick question: what is the best software for me if i am into producers such as J.R. Rotem and Dr. Dre and Swizz Beatz and such? (Music: Drake, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Jason Derulo, Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz)

If you are looking for a DAW that suits you the best there's no point in mentioning them other producers. What works for me is FL Studio. Never used any other DAW, though.

Just try out some of them and you'll see what will work best for you.. ^^

( I think you ask me 2 questions so ill answer it 2 ways)
If your asking why I use nuendo its because -pro tools hardware are expensive. and only digidesign hardware works with there daw. and only a few vst work with it. Now they do have some awesome vst- this is where reaper lacks.
I know its the industry standard - but its the operator not the daw.

I love Nuendo's layout- the most important thing is how easy and cozy you get when using it-when I sTARTED TO LEARN IT I WAS LEARNING THINGS REAL QUICK. because their forum and customer service is not a bunch of cocky people. They dont treat you like " well you should know this" .

Side chain -freeze-video and so forth in nuendo is great. You can also master in nuendo because it has some of the same standard stuff like wavelab. There is so many ways to do one thing and get the same result.

Example on an audio track - if you want to use a plugin to lets say add a compressor- you can go to the side chain, or on the actual audio track -click a button and it pulls it up, or to the top of the screen to a drop down box to select your plug in -or go to the mixer and click your channel strip or just right click on the screen- that is just a small example on how user friendly it is. It dont have all the clutter of extras all over the daw like others that just confuse you.

It handles alot of powerfull vst and plugins and tracks without crashing. you can put up tracks and tracks even for beat making.

This answer the second question as "why not cubase". I have cubase and On some plugins cubase would crash where it did not with nuendo.
But i also do video-nuendo has that. and in cubase, if I rewire reason into it and try to record vocals it would get buggy . I can rewire fl and reason at the same time into nuendo right into the mixer like its a vst and record vocals and do the final tweak on the master channel all in the same session WHILE EACH INSTRUMENT HAS ITS OWN CHANNEL WITH PLUGS and it wont crash.

Lets say you import a beat into nuendo and you want to record vocals. (you can do this in cubase also) now lets say that beat has to much something so you want to compress it -eq and maybe wide the stereo image( this is just an example) now thats 3 plug ins- and we know plugins use power. on that track you can right click bring up each plug in- tweek it -hit process and the new audio remains as if it was orginaly how the beat was.the plug ins go away and the new version of the track is there. thats less power because you wont use up cpu and ram with the plug.

I can go on and on. I say use cubase or nuendo- if i was'nt i would use magix samplitude pro/sequioa that is a powerfull daw also. and it has its own mastering in the daw- you can master a whole cd in that daw IN ONE SESSION- get the demo and see. Less steps to get the same result.
SORRY SO LONG.

Last edited:
Back