Best no/low cost DAW tyo rewire w/ reason for MAC?

L

LSALLAH

....it would also be a plus if it supported REX files....there are tons of options out there for PC users...not so many for MAC...

i would really like to hear from reason users to see what they are doing...i may just have to bite the buillet and get a full sequencer...but all i really wanna do is make beats...a full blown sequencer would be overkill for me...i just want something to host my vsts so i can rewire them into reason...then eventually dump the beat elsewhere if needed....

i keep hearing that name....lol...i guess that's it...i have the download....i havent used it yet...

thanx a lot....

ThaNinjaMonkey88 said:
LE doesn't do Rewire, plus it's limited as hell. Only 8 Playable Phrases, **** you I've got samples with 20!
Didn't notice that in the comparison list. ****, with the full version of Live being $499, Reaper would probably be the best bet for you (though I've never used it, I'm sure others have).

ThaNinjaMonkey88 said:
LE doesn't do Rewire, plus it's limited as hell. Only 8 Playable Phrases, **** you I've got samples with 20!

I have live 7 LE....it has more than 8 tracks....not sure i think its 64 audio and unlimited midi....which is ok for the most part...the major limitations i have come across is there is a 2 vst limit...i get around this by using the resample feature....it's ok if you use the ableton istruments....which are ok if u process the hell out of them....i got the free operator with it so im planning to get more into sound design....i plan to get reason...and i have the live 6 that shipped with my midi controller but thats only 4 tracks i thing with 2 vstis....

ive been thinking about reaper...but that doesnt have elastic audio and ive got used to working with that feature....right now im leaning towards getting reason and updating to the full version of live...that would be the best of both worlds since i was thinking about getting recycle....

as an aside...are there any other alternatives to recycle?...like the fl slicer or the slice to midi feature of the full version of live 7?

It rewires in so much as you can hear Reason in GB and the transport is synced up w/ Reason, but the last time I looked, you cannot record Reason audio in GB.

Back