Best DAW to do mixing and/or mastering

M

melo_elo

What's up FP?

I'm trying to figure out what's the best DAW to do mixing/mastering?

Since I use my FL Studio to do composition, but I want to do mixing process somewhere else(please don't sweat how I can make mixing there, I have my reasons to not do it there)

so anybody knows good DAW to do that?

peace

Any of them, that's the only logical answer. Some like Pro Tools for mixing, I don't have a problem with it either. If you weren't using fruity loops I would suggest mixing in Record, although you could import into record. Pro Tools would do you well, I can't speak on Sonar, and i'm assuming you are on a PC?

Best DAW'S I would mix in is PT and Record. Mastering, I wouldn't even go there, that's some next level thingy where I leave to the Mastering pros.

what about m-powered pro tools? is it any worse than standart version?

edit:
yes, im on pc and im about to buy "m-audio delta audiophile 2496" interface

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I never mix with my production combo of FL Studio as vsti inside of Acid Pro .. and I track out and mix in Cubase 4 just a workflow thing for me.. and it's already there for vocals to be layed on it

There's NO "best" DAW to mix/master a track. I know I am using both Nuendo and Pro Tools at the studio and they both deliver great results.

lol yeah they are work.. I just like Cubase because it's what I'm use to.. workflow. and having templates ready is the best thing.. you can do for yourself ppl..
so when it's time to track out and mix you're ready to go with your usually compression.. buss settings.. reverbs.. etc....

There's NO "best" DAW to mix/master a track. I know I am using both Nuendo and Pro Tools at the studio and they both deliver great results.

you're right, but the industry standard is PT. When I didn't have Record, I would take the PT session to the studio. Now I can make the music in Record, mix, add effects, arrange, etc bounce each track and put it on a portable hard drive and go to the major studio, drag and drop the stems in the HD system and watch the engineer go to work. Or I can just record vocals on top of my tracks in Record, mix and do whatever it is I do then bounce it to two track and go straight to the Mastering plant without using PT at all. I love having many options :)

Logic...pro tools is a headache for a newbie....coming from a newbie

Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools...etc.
But I never undestood the reason why people have 3 ****in sequencers.
Just buy Logic, Cubase or Pro Tools and do all composition / mixing /mastering in one sequencer.

Back