Behringer MX3282A Eurodesk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i just wanted too know if i can use my Behringer Mx3282A Eurodesk with pro tools... sorry if this question is dumb i am new to this whole thing feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You ment SX3282.

I really don't know your set up, so I couldn't get detailed, but if you are working in the box, then it should go something like this.

2q1i8mq.jpg

So yes you can you just have to make sure you have the ins and outs of the board to the interface and you should be good. there are still some people that use an analog board and rock PT.

Peace

Last edited:
Nope. You need to learn the difference between an analog mixer and a mixer control surface. Here we go again with someone new to recording focusing on the wrong thing.

thanks for the help but i actually do have a 32 mixer Behringer Mx3282A Eurodesk but i wouldnt be able to control the faders thru pro tools with that correct?

:bigeyes: Control protools faders with that? heck nah lol My board I can do that, I have the Yamaha O2R, All I have to do is USB that to my computer and go to a certain page on my board and walaaaaah! Nah yours can't unless it has HUI, then you could. You've got to read your stuff before you buy it.

Now if you want to control Protools, cheap, you can get the Prosnus Fader Port, that sucka really works and you can get busy.

it has 100 mill faders and it has everything on it; loop, Banks [ 8 tracks per bank], pan, fast forward, rewind, etc . It only cost $129 it's

a cool lil joint. I don't see you paying a gee for Protools controller.

All you have to do is hook this bad boy up to your computer USB it reads it, open up PT and pull down the fader on any track and watch it work.

dfkktc.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing good about fader controls for software is for riding them during automation. Other than that they are useless.

yeah i understand its just that i was reading about it in the manual and it said it had a 8 chan midi and that it has Digital signal processing so im just a bit confused that if it would work with my pro tools

There are only certain controllers that will control protools. Most of the list it proudly in their compatability section of a box or manual.

That being said you should understand that there are aonly a few "heavy weight" protocols for the "BIG DAW's"

Mackie Control or Mackie Protocol
Logic Protocol
and then for ProTools, there is H.U.I protocol.

(Mackie protocol works with various programs and platforms besides mackie items, so Id say its the most universal format "controller message" asde from regular midi.)

There may be a few more but these are the main ones. With that you can look at a product and determine if it will work with various controllers, software, and interfaces.

These are moe than just simple Midi controls/ messages, and are very picky on what will interact correctly.

Just like Plug-Ins.
Some are VST, some are VSTi others are RTAS, and then theres TDM. So researching both the product and the items you intend to use it with will help you out a lot.

Trust me, Ive had my share of Costly oversights and once you open up these software packages they can not be returned at all.

DO YOUR HOME WORK . . . . . . .

Last edited:
The only thing good about fader controls for software is for riding them during automation. Other than that they are useless.

So what you're telling me that if something is useless FOR YOU that it's useless for everyone? Come on man give me a break, I have used that thing and it has saved my work flow and the usage of a freakin mouse. it's not only for automation, and automation has nothing to do with this. That fader port is for those who don't have HUI set up just like the OP. He can use this and stay away from the MOUSE! That's what it was made for, so your work flow would be better. Hell I can set up automation with the mouse quick fast in a hurry!

That lil thing is the bomb and it will save a person's work flow hands down!

yeah i understand its just that i was reading about it in the manual and it said it had a 8 chan midi and that it has Digital signal processing so im just a bit confused that if it would work with my pro tools

Yeah, but on the contrary of your board, hence, you need to take time to find out what you're getting into. Like you said " 8 chain midi and that it has Digial Signal processing".... I mean what does that mean to YOU? Do you comprehend what that is saying or you're just assuming? Did you ask anyone? It can become a headache if you let it.

Dre said it best. I couldn't read the specs on your board, but if it has HUI emulation you can take that with the midi on the back of the board if it has midi and get a "Y" midi to usb cable put it in your computer and set up the HUI in Protools and you will be set to go. If you want to stay independent like I did and not use the board the option of that little fader from Presonus is a big help. it works well too with no headaches.

I don't see why it wouldn't...all you're doing is sending the signal through the mixer and back to the computer...obviously you can't control the software but you should still be able to manipulate the sound and mix it, right? Because I'm considering the same set up, I'm tired of mixing only on the computer, it's getting boring

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back