Basic FLS12 Question

Will_Bender

I know this is probably an uber simple FLS 12 question, but here goes...

Suppose I have a midi sequence of eight measures... I want to record a guitar solo (audio) over those 8 measures, but, while I dont know how many measures the guitar solo will be, it will definitely be longer than 8 measures...

I'm pretty sure there's a way to get the midi sequence to loop over those 8 measures indefinitely... i.e. until I turn off the recording... but I cant figure out how to set FLS to do as such... Sometimes it just somehow works by accident...

I like to just jam and improvise for indefinite periods of time... noodle through notes to find little melodies I like, so creating a finite 8 measure structure - and even duplicating it in the playlist X# of times... sometimes works, but I'd rather just let the midi loop until I finish whatever improvs I am working on...

Can anyone suggest how to set the midi to accomplish this please?

Ty,

WB

use the playlist section on the right side of FLS. Add the eight measures of the midi sequences, but copy and paste them again for 16 measure.

If you still need more, copy and paste them again for 24, or 32 measures.

However, using the playlist (on the right side of FL Studio), you can start recording directly into it for however you want by clicking the microphone along the top right and then clicking "into playlist as an audio clip"

He is saying he wants to record for indefinitely long, while not having to paste the loop a million times. I feel you man, but i don't know of a way to do it, i don't think its possible.

oh hmm, can't you just record into the playlist (as an audio clip?) for however long ya want with a metronome rollin'?
With the green playlist dot light thing, not the orange sequence dot light thing (next to play).

...Using the top record button (it looks like a microphone up in the top right). I posted the instructions kinda earlier

Last edited:
Back