Audio Lag, After Exporting (Help!)

Dj Tre

Alright, so i use FL Studio 8. I never had any troubleshooting with Flstudio itself until i started using E-Mu's Proteus VX as a VSTplugin because i love the instruments it has. So the problem is that, after i export my song to an mp3, i get this lag from the proteus instrument. It doesnt lag in FLStudio becuz i use Asio driver which is quick response but when i switch to my primary sound driver, it gives that same lag. So, I dont know how to fix that. I dont know if it is Flstudio export settings or if it is settings in proteus vx?

I seem to have another problem with Proteus VX aswell that doesnt have to do with audio lag, but anyways, in certain instruments, the higher note i play on the keyboard, the more it pans to the right and the lower key i hit on the keynoard, the more it pans to the left. Kinda weird stuff in Proteus, but i cant figure stuff out cuz there arent much tutorial videos and the manual doesnt have that kind of troubleshooting im going through.

But The audio lag problem also seems to be a problems in my digital sound design class aswell, In my class, we have to sync sound to animations and whenever we export the videos, we get audio lag problems and my teacher doesnt even know how to fix it. It might even be a similiar reason why i get lag problems with my VST. so im just trying to figure this out.wondering if ya'll know what to do to fix it.

thanks
-dj tre

Dj Tre said:
Alright, so i use FL Studio 8. I never had any troubleshooting with Flstudio itself until i started using E-Mu's Proteus VX as a VSTplugin because i love the instruments it has. So the problem is that, after i export my song to an mp3, i get this lag from the proteus instrument. It doesnt lag in FLStudio becuz i use Asio driver which is quick response but when i switch to my primary sound driver, it gives that same lag. So, I dont know how to fix that. I dont know if it is Flstudio export settings or if it is settings in proteus vx?

I seem to have another problem with Proteus VX aswell that doesnt have to do with audio lag, but anyways, in certain instruments, the higher note i play on the keyboard, the more it pans to the right and the lower key i hit on the keynoard, the more it pans to the left. Kinda weird stuff in Proteus, but i cant figure stuff out cuz there arent much tutorial videos and the manual doesnt have that kind of troubleshooting im going through.

But The audio lag problem also seems to be a problems in my digital sound design class aswell, In my class, we have to sync sound to animations and whenever we export the videos, we get audio lag problems and my teacher doesnt even know how to fix it. It might even be a similiar reason why i get lag problems with my VST. so im just trying to figure this out.wondering if ya'll know what to do to fix it.

thanks
-dj tre

do you keep the audio settings on asio as you export the song?
i also use proteus vx in FL 7 and never had this problem

and for the panning thats normal.. alot of vsts pan slightly left for low sounds and slightly right for the higher ones. its usually on the pianos for me..

hope this helps..

the higher note i play on the keyboard, the more it pans to the right and the lower key i hit on the keynoard, the more it pans to the left.

Yeah, as LiNo916 says, it may be modelled on the way a keyboard would sound.

Are you saying that you have no latency when you are running the program but when you export, there is a lag in the audio? I've never had that problem, have you tried solo'ing proteus and exporting a track on it's own?

Yeah, as LiNo916 says, it may be modelled on the way a keyboard would sound.

Are you saying that you have no latency when you are running the program but when you export, there is a lag in the audio? I've never had that problem, have you tried solo'ing proteus and exporting a track on it's own?
ya i have and yea when its playin in FL its fine only after exporting is there lag issues

anyone at all... :(

Last edited:
Did you happen to find a solution? This is literally the only thread on the internet addressing this issue, and I am having the same exact problem.

Back