audio clip problems in FL studio 10. help welcome.

barrameter

hi folks. need some insight here.
FL studio 10...

serious issues today opening up sessions. some freshly worked on, some not opened in a while.
all of these sessions include many audio clips (20-30) recorded into program and also .wav files dragged in from other sources. many, if not all of them are chopped up or resized etc.

so numerous audio clips in these sessions are either re-pitched / or missing from the session. (no message came up regarding this). when clicking on the clip in channel list the name is the same but when i audition the clip it is something completely different.
as for some with the new pitch - the audio clips are in the same spot in the playlist but sounding wrong. some slow / some very fast.
in one of the sessions the wrong .wav from a completely different song was playing in the playlist- but in the right place where the proper .wav should be.

i had been moving stuff around in the recorded folder. made some sub folders for organization.
also using "macfan" from command prompt to control the fan in my macbook pro while running in bootcamp as before this the computer was just too hot.
there was no accidental clicking / changing of anything i did not want to change. no change of sample rate.

i have been running things fine for 6 months. no similar problems.

what has happened.
thank you

I've had to learn the hard way with FL Studio.

Basically, NEVER move your files around because even if you move it out one folder into another, FL won't find it, has a hissy fit and then crashes.

Was the story of my life for quite some time. I know this post doesn't help, but see it as one of life's FL production lessons.

i see. so no moving. just let things go where they go ("recorded"/ "sliced" / other things im not thinking of) and dont touch. what about new clips or samples from outside the program? is there a risk when putting new stuff in anywhere?

did you have similar issues with respect to re-pitching / .wav in wrong song ?
and now that you leave things alone you have had no issues?

thanks for your time

I create a folder with in FL Studio (Packs) for all audio samples as well as having a folder on the desktop. That way FL only ever has to look in the Packs folder and not elsewhere on the hard drive. So even if I move the desktop folder the Packs folder is in the same place.

Back