Apple acquires E-magic -> PC production stops

I luv mac....but about them being smart...well...their smartness had a break with I-mac well....at least from the music side :D

craig johnston said:
what's to stop some bright spark from changing a few details (just enough to avoid copyright probs) and bringing out a version for pc?
now there's a money making idea!
:cool:

- You would have to change more than a few details to avoid copyright problems. There might also be problems with laws for fair competition and patents and many more. A "Logic" for PC from another distributor is not an option, alas.

Duouble posting..... shame on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a PC logic user and I have all intentions of switching over to the Mac platform with Logic........

I've been able to survive with the PC but there's been just too many problems and I see this as a perfect opportunity to give Mac a shot...........the only people who I see downing Macs are those who don't use them.........everyone who owns one loves it and seems to have very little problems...........to me, it's worth the extra $$$.

as for keeping Logic with PC, not a chance.........it may be okay now but if you're in music for the long haul, it's a waste to work with something that will be obsolete..........there will many crazy features to come in the future that shouldn't be missed out on.

Maybe Apple will offer some crossover incentives for PC users, like a license switch to the Mac platform, and a good deal on a loaded G4 tower ;)

Another thing that would be nice is if Apple partnered with Echo, M-Audio, or someone so you can prebuild a mac with a pro audio card at a discount...

tech said:
the only people who I see downing Macs are those who don't use them.........everyone who owns one loves it
inversely pc users seem to have a habit of downing their own pc's, it's more a difference in mentality than anything.....

tech said:
I'm a PC logic user and I have all intentions of switching over to the Mac platform with Logic........

I've been able to survive with the PC but there's been just too many problems and I see this as a perfect opportunity to give Mac a shot...........the only people who I see downing Macs are those who don't use them.........everyone who owns one loves it and seems to have very little problems...........to me, it's worth the extra $$$.

- People who have invested in Mac are the people who would think that the extra money for less MHz etc. would be worth it in the first place. When the extra 1000 £ or so is affordable for me, I will make the switch, though. Time is money.

tech said:

as for keeping Logic with PC, not a chance.........it may be okay now but if you're in music for the long haul, it's a waste to work with something that will be obsolete..........there will many crazy features to come in the future that shouldn't be missed out on.

- A lot of people seems too preoccupied with the latest new thing. Right now, Logic 4.5 is still a great program. Version 5.2 will be great for anyone for another one or two years. It's allmost like "bosses" who only use Word and IE on their computer, but since they're in charge they "have got to have" the latest, fastest CPU. I predict that most of the new features we will see in the first couple of years are "nice to have" rather than "need to have". The real revolutions in this business doesn't come too often. The last one was the VSTis, but before then...?

I'm quite certain Logic 5.2 will be great for me for aout two years and that it will do the job for another two just fine, perhaps longer. At that time I will probably invest in a Mac - maybe keeping my old computer just for Kontakt.

Back