Anyone using Cubase 4???

MojodaBeatsmith

Has any of you experience crashes ?? First few days was fine, now when I go save a new project while in middle of a beat, it hangs and my cubase crash. Which is a waste of time being I only save during middle of a beat when its worth saving. Ive only made a few good beats this week and 4 of them were crashed so I couldnt save and I dont remmber how the beat was made or sound lol

Iam on window xp sp1. 3ghz, 2gb ram , 500 hd so I dun think its the computer , or is it

Last edited:
XP SP1?? Damn man. SP1 is no longer supported. You may want to upgrade to SP2 plus all available updates ASAP. That may be one reason you've experiencing crashes.

omg man. i don't even wanna know how ur system is. being online now with sp1 is dangerous. sp2 was made to patch up holes worms and viruses were using to infiltrate personal computers.

I would hate to reformat and back up everythign , Its the same feeling when u move, you want a fresh start but hate the packing and unpacking

Do a repair(not full) installation of windows and then run windows live update and your computer won't lose any data and will be bugfixed(make sure you have all your windows passwords, you'll have to register again.

Last edited:
If there's no issues right now (other than those apps not working), do a backup of all your data, then install SP2 plus all the other available updates. There's no need to reformat and reinstall or repair Windows. You just need to keep it updated. This is absolutely critical if you don't want any unpatched exploits causing someone to take over your pc. Keep it updated, and all should be well.

Back