Anyone knows how to use synth samples from a sample CD in Ableton Live?

chelemasty

I just bought a sample CD and it got some nice synths that I could use. Do you know where I could load those samples? I tried to load it on Simpler and Sampler but it's quite wrong coz it maps it all over the keys and it doesn't sound right. This is my first time using a sample CD. So please be easy on me. Thanks in advance.

Just set of synth samples from Deadmau5 Xfer sample CD. It's WAV.

What I'm asking is how can I load those synth sounds samples in Simpler, Sampler, or Impulse, without the sample being mapped and strethed throughout all the keys, that way if I press the samples mapped on the higher (Ex. C5) note, it will not play faster than the one mapped on the lower (C3) note. Any ideas?

if it's just a wav sample, that's most likely how it's gonna sound..you're wanting to change the pitch without changing the speed...you need a sampler that can do that type of sampling...sampler in ableton can't do that? Shift the pitch will maintaining the speed? i don't have the ableton suite so I never used sampler...I don't think simpler can do that though..

U gotta read the manual section on sampler and learn how to map samples in it. What you want to do is done easily in sampler once you know what you're doing. each sample should specify what root note it is, so you need to set the root notes and minimise the pitch shifting as much as possible. youtube or google video may have video tutorials on the topic as well. Enjoy

http://winksound.com/video/Ableton-Sampler

Last edited:
I just discovered that in the Zone section of Sampler (Functions the same as the one in NNXT from Reason) , you could load the set of sounds and layer them from there. I tried messing with all those 4 samples and it sounds wrong.LOL

U gotta read the manual section on sampler and learn how to map samples in it. What you want to do is done easily in sampler once you know what you're doing. each sample should specify what root note it is, so you need to set the root notes and minimise the pitch shifting as much as possible. youtube or google video may have video tutorials on the topic as well. Enjoy

http://winksound.com/video/Ableton-Sampler

yeah

I thought he just had one sound lol...

definitely if you got a "multisampled" set then mapping them out is very simple in most samplers...

I don't have sampler specifically so I can't say

Thanks everyone, that video, is exactly what I was looking for. I already watched that last time but I didn't paid attention to it. So basically what I did is, assign the proper root key for each samples, I could still hear some of the notes turn off first than the others, so what I did is I looped all the samples via the sustain mode. It worked for me, I guess.LOL

Back