Anyone else using Audiomulch2.0?

infradead

Anyone else using audiomulch2.0? I'm still on the demo of 2.0 i'll keep using it for the 60 days then pay my $$ to upgrade from 1.0

http://www.audiomulch.com/

If you haven't heard of audiomulch
"AudioMulch is software for real-time sound synthesis, music composition and performance-oriented audio processing."

its a modular program with very innovative internal routing. want an insane cascade of feedingback delays feeding a grainular delay?
no problem. you can really go wild making patches for performace or even patches that are a whole song.

its a really designed to be used live. you can host and control VSTs from inside it and 2.0 adds midi patching inside mulch which is great. it also add mac support but i've been using 1.0 on a pc for awhile so that means less to me.

this is a demo that Ross Bencina did for the launch of 2.0
it shows some of what can be done live.

Its a very interesting program that does things no other program can touch. one of the few innovative and non bloat ware pieces of music software out there today.

i'd strongly recommend everyone who's even a little interested to check out the demo. full functionality for the first 60 days!! more than enough to get a feel for it and see what it can do. the demos are all patches that were made to specifically show what can be done and what does what. very easy to break down and follow.

Who in the world uses this for makin beats LOL !

Probably those that aren't limited to thinking they have to use what everybody else uses.

I've used 'Mulch 1.x back when it was still freeware, haven't really tried 2.0. There's a couple of similar modular platforms out there, of which I personally found Bidule to be the most flexible for my uses (probably PD & Max/MSP would be even more so, but I never dug too deep with those two).

this is what girl talk uses for live performances and albums.
(i still can't believe anyone would call themselves that btw.)

also not all of us make beats :P

there is one demo showing how to use the metasurface as a sequencer for a drum machine. you have no idea of the power of the mulch

haven't used audiomulch since it was freeware, kind of stopped using it then. but this has reminded me of it. the thing i really like about this kind of software (max/msp, etc..) is that it does something that you couldn't do in a hardware environment which is very refreshing.

Last edited:
lol I haven't used audio mulch in years.. good to see it's still around. that looks like a way upgrade from the 99 version lol... Yeah it is good for live manipulation, and I too stopped using it when it was no longer free... lol memories

I guess you think everyone is just making beats
Some people make music
Some people make beats
Beats are made for others (and themself sometimes)to use to get their work out.
You do not have the same freedom as someone who makes music for himself. He or she can go in any direction.
Where as you are always saying can someone rap to this beat

I guess you think everyone is just making beats
Some people make music
Some people make beats
Beats are made for others (and themself sometimes)to use to get their work out.
You do not have the same freedom as someone who makes music for himself. He or she can go in any direction.
Where as you are always saying can someone rap to this beat
:sing:beat me to it (pun intended)

i haven't really check out bidule. mulch really does everything i need.
i really like how you can set up the metasurface for live use. i'm looking forward to using my kp3 to control it, one of the big improvements over 1.0 in my opinion

here's something i did live in mulch. its an old grey brick gameboy playing a program called nanovoice. its all improvisational through a patch with a lot of automated parameters so that its mulching the sound pretty much how i like it..

for the type of music i'm doing mulch is great. it can create some really interesting sound scapes really easily.

or modular wankery which is just as fun really

woot! I forgot all about audio mulch, used to love this. This is superb - my kind of music making :)

Back