Any VST for removing harmonic content from audio?

stablum

I wonder if there are any VSTs which remove automatically the main harmonic content from an audio source.
For example, if I have a simple sine wave this hypothetical device would return absolutely nothing, silence.
If the sine wave has been previously distorted a bit, then this device would return at least some of the noise produced by the distortion, omitting the frequency of the original sine wave.
What I wish is a tool that does not only automatically remove one single frequency, but a set of frequencies that might be harmonically related. For example, passing a pure sawtooth trough the device would also return silence.
I think that a device like this has to exist already. Any pointers?
Thanks! :)

spectro requires user intervention

the issue is that most distortions added to sounds are based on harmonics so the type of vst/device you want would not actually do anything except return a silent signal

when you begin to use this required vst on a polyphonic source it would have real problems, as it would have no way to know which is the dominant frequency and would most likely again return silence just to be safe -

a heuristic may be able to be developed but I do not see currently that it is possible to automate this process

Back