Adding Separate Dynamics to Separate Kong Pads in Reason

D

D-Funkdafied

I have always wondered how to do this so it saves me creating a knew Kong and combinator just because I want to separate what dynamics go to each sound like the kick or snare.

I know how to separate the kong pads to the mixer but how do I apply Mclass EQ or Compression to an individual kong pad so it does not effect the rest of the sounds in the kong patch??

Much help appreciate, Reason user for 2 years and still have not discovered EVERYTHING!

Beats & Instrumentals | D-Funkdafied Music - Buy Beats | Hip Hop Instrumentals | Beats for Sale | Download Music | Sound-Ware

your MClass devices can be inserted to a mixer channel as can any other device including a thor or maelstrom or subtractor for filter processing or anything else you can think of....

I am afraid that doesn't help,
What if I had KONG going into one of the main mixer channels but I still want to have multiple and separate Mclass EQ's in one combinator for one pad?

Last edited:
I am afraid that doesn't help,
What if I had KONG going into one of the main mixer channels but I still want to have multiple and separate Mclass EQ's in one combinator for one pad?

You have already said that you know how to separate the pads out to individual mixer channels

I know how to separate the kong pads to the mixer but how do I apply Mclass EQ or Compression to an individual kong pad so it does not effect the rest of the sounds in the kong patch??

- the next logical step is to do that and insert the required mclass processors on that mixer channel.

you could alternatively use the breakout (insert chain) jacks on the back of the individual drum sounds to do what you want:

kongPadBreakout.png

Doing this still means creating the devices inside of a combinator, which is what the insert channel on the mixer channel is anyway

Route your audio outs L/R, 3,4,5,6, etc. to devices or mixer channel. Change your output for each pad accordingly. Apply effect/insert to pad/outputs. I use Reason 7, so this is very easy to run everything to the SSL mixer, then use inserts on each channel or aux sends to FX. You can now submix, multiple channels, which is 1 click process. If you haven't upgraded, its worth it.

Ah Ok. Thanks.
I will try it out.

And, I would love to upgrade to Reason 7 but haven't the money so by the time I upgrade, Reason 10 may be out. I am on Reason 5 now.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I have tried it out but I am afraid nothing seems to work..

Back