Acid Pro 4.0

vanian

Ok, Acid Pro 4.0 is out. Lots and lots of killer new eatures including the Piano Roll and VST support for MIDI.

Has anyone gotten it yet or used it? What do you think of it?

:bigeyes:

I've ordered the boxed version which ships mid-September. $99 with Sound Forge Studio 6 for existing owners of Acid Pro 2 or 3. I've been lurking around their forums lately and it seems like people like it quite a bit, but there are some bugs related to the VSTi's and some sound card issues (mostly with the M-Audio Delta). But the Sonic Foundry Staff is aware and working on an update which should be released relatively soon.

But most of the consensus seems to be that Sonic Foundry was able to add all these features and still maintain the simple, logical User Interface it's known for. I can't wait.

Buy it now if you got the special offer e-mail (expires 9/30), but I would say you might want to wait to actually load it until after the first update; that's what I'm going to do.

yeah I got the offer in email but can tafford even that right now, bummer.

I am planning to get an M-Audio 24/96 card too so I will definitely wait for the update. The M-Audio card works great with Reason for the price though so I don't wana change that.

Can't wait o try the new Acid out though!

Thx for the info on the bugs.

Hey, FYI - Midiman just released a beta version of a driver update for their Delta Series that fixes the problem using ASIO in Acid 4. I guess it was actually something due to an error on Midiman's part and not Acid's.

I received my boxed version of Acid 4 in the mail yesterday, but haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for the first update before I do so. According to some of the programers on SF's Forums, it will be semi-soon.

Alright, so I bit the bullet and installed Acid 4 before the update. I haven't really used it for a project yet, I've just been playing around checking out the new features. I feel like a little kid on Christmas, though. Man, it is a dream having these options available in Acid. And they really do keep it so simple and easy to use. The only thing that's not there that I would want is Rewire, but it's a likely possibility in a future version.

Check it out man, if you are a fan of Acid, WOW. Once they get a few bugs straightened out, it's over.

Techinically your'e right, but you can get around it pretty easy. Acid can only incorporate VST instruments directly. But you can purchase a 3rd part VST effect wrapper and your vocoder (or most any other VST effect) will work fine in Acid.

I have a free one that I wouldn't recommend because you can only use 1 VST effect per track and it doesn't save the effects settings when you close. But there are a some very good ones out there that work super well with only very minute limitations. I've heard really good things about "fxpansion" I think it's around $50

hey, did anyone see the cd that comes with it? The Classic 8Packs cd? Anyone take a look at the back. See the name Mark Schonfeld there?.... lol... that's me... YAY!! I'm on a cd! I'm not exactly proud of the songs there but hey, it's something for conversation now.... especially around chicks with the program. "Hey baby... I'm on that cd." Ok maybe that doesn't work quite like I'd hope (SLAP!) but it's wishful thinking. lol

Mark
www.markschonfeld.com

ps: sorry.. first time my name has appeared somewhere without me payin for it... I'm kinda excited.

mattb said:
Hey man,congraturations!

I will check that on my mate's copy of AICD

Thanks mattb.... btw see my reply to your post about MAX.... I thought it was pretty funny that you were asking whether I meant the program.

Back