Ableton vs Logic?

matthewm77

I use FL Studio and am getting a laptop for school. I am going to get a DAW for it so I can produce when I'm not at home. The reason I'm not thinking of getting FL Studio is because the Mac version wasn't that good when I tried it since it's still in Alpha and I thought trying a new DAW might be fun. I'm not sure which would be better of the two though since you can't demo Logic.

So Ableton doesn't have any major advantages over Logic ?

Both has some minor advantages over each other, but nothing way important especially if you are new to music production and DAWs. I use them both but mostly Logic coz I know Logic better.

As I said, Logic is way more bang for the bucks. In my opinion.

Frankly, you can´t go wrong with any of them. Pick and choose.

Last edited:
The big thing about Ableton is the Session View, look into that, if it tickles your fancy, go for it. If you're into regular old linear sequencing, then go with logic. It's all up to you and how you work. Coming from FL, you're gonna have a hard time with either.

haha chill its kind of sad that you'd waste your time replying if you're angry about. go cry.

I'm not angry. But the fact that someone just like you always comes along and asks the same question can be a little daunting.. This daw vs that daw.. You won't be able to know if you made the right choice before you try, no matter what anyone here says. They might convey their reasons why one suits better for some things than others to you, but it has been done sooooo many times before that you could easily just have searched around the web or even this forum and find a lot more info a lot faster then sitting here and wait for replies. Now tell me which one of us is wasting their time.

Last edited:
I've never used Logic. I use Ableton Live and I love it!! The key is to find the DAW that works for you and learn it inside and out.

When I first started I wasn't getting the sounds I wanted so I would use different DAWs thinking I was going to find the magic bullet that made my music sound good.

I spent more time learning software than I did creating music. I decided to learn Ableton inside and out and it's served me well. Any DAW available today is capable of giving you the results you want. You just have to be dedicated to learning your tools.

I'm not angry. But the fact that someone just like you always comes along and asks the same question can be a little daunting.. This daw vs that daw.. You won't be able to know if you made the right choice before you try, no matter what anyone here says. They might convey their reasons why one suits better for some things than others to you, but it has been done sooooo many times before that you could easily just have searched around the web or even this forum and find a lot more info a lot faster then sitting here and wait for replies. Now tell me which one of us is wasting their time.

I can't try Logic, I said that. And maybe you're right I could have looked it up but I thought a thread that conveyed exactly why I was considering the two might give me better results.

use which ever one is closest to what you use now I used logic for a bit then went to ableton (logic at college ableton on my home laptop) I found ableton easier to use and get things done but it depends which ones closer to what your used to

I never understand why people reply to these questions with 'here we go again' you can clearly see the name of the thread, don't click on it!

To me ableton is superior to Logic by it's warp abilities, it can match easily a song from another tempo to your song's tempo in ableton, just warp it :P

Last edited:
IMO, this is just the opposite. Sound quality is important to me, so Logic's time and pitch manipulation IMO sounds amazing. That said, I think it depends on what you are doing. Trying to DJ? Live's auto-warping gets you setup faster than Logic. Logic also has some pretty amazing features for making the timing of multiple tracks match each other, which AFAIK, Live doesn't handle at all.

So, what exactly do you think you'd be doing? Both Live and Logic are very capable at warping/flexing audio.

I watched a Video of David Guetta talking about the Future Technology in Producing. He said that he love Logic Pro X because of the intuitiv design an the quality their native Plugins. But would still use Ableton to produce his Tracks, because of the workflow issues.

Check out my Soundcloud Channel. I produce my Tracks in Logic Pro.
https://soundcloud.com/rideable-beatz/

Back