Ableton: Tracking a Drum Rack, questions.

mcoz

Hi there,

I have a drum rack with Kick, Snare, Clap, Rim, OHH, CHH, Cymbal, basic layout starting off. I then have 7 audio tracks, that have 'audio from' these drum rack elements, so as to Track them, and any funky changes that happen with effects in stuff.

However I have one problem, I can't seem to capture an effect applied to the whole Drum Kit. Suppose I put a Beat Repeat at the end of my Drum rack, these changes are not tracked, because they come after the audio being received straight from the sampler pad.

I need away that I can process the whole drum rack, and have the effect of each audio element tracked individually, if you get me?

The only way I can think of so far is copy and pasting the same effect just after the sampler in each drum pad. This does allow for the effect to be tracked, except it defeats the purpose of being able to just use one effect to affect all the elements.

There must be some way, that I am not seeing, that will allow me to affect all the elements in the drum rack with the same effect, yet have the effects of each individual element be tracked.

On a side note, does this seem like a good work flow? I essentially want to track each of my drum elements coming out of my Drum Rack to Audio, so that if I am messing around, I can capture whatever accident sounded pretty good.

Last edited:
Back