Ableton starts crackling for a few seconds once a minute (no buffer size problem)

tiyotsu

nighthawk
Recently my Ableton starts stuttering and crackling for a couple of seconds about every other minute. This usually happens 15 minutes into starting the program. It doesn't have to do with the Sample Rate nor the Buffer Size, my CPU load is barely above 8% and if I set the Buffer Size too low the crackling sounds very different plus in that case it's consistent.
Only thing that helps is unplugging my Audio Interface, waiting a few seconds, Replugging it, opening the Preferences and re-setting the In- and Output devices. This just helps for 15-30 minutes though, then the crackling starts again. I'm tired of un- and replugging my interface and it also kinda disturbs the creative process of writing music.
Does anybody else experience this? Never had that issue until a few weeks back.

Last edited:
@ krushing Focusrite 2i2. For some reason I haven't had the issue today, I just randomly appears and then it freaks me out. Can't really find out anything that triggers it.

You might want to contact Focusrite's support - this is clearly an issue with the interface (if you google around a bit there are lots of reports of similar issues...) rather than Live.

Damn sounds like it's really an issue with the Focusrite. How frustrating. Thanks for the tip

Back