Ableton Question

Ariess2019

Ok i asked on the warbeats forum but no one helped maybe someone here can....So a while ago my friend showed me Ableton for the 1st time and he showed me some of the things it can do and what not he showed me this 1 thing where he record a sound right into drum rack (i believe it was) from maschines,he pressed a kick sound on maschines and recorded it into Ableton that way he can have some of maschines kick,snares ect... on Ableton and that way you wont have to do the whole drag and drop thing...does anyone here know how to do that?? i forgot how he did it:hmmm:

He used Live to trigger maschine that is quite common all midi controllers trigger things its not Live or Maschine specific its just Maschine being run as an instrument in another program in this case Live.

he didn't run it as a instrument he did the same thing to this wobble bass he took from this song that we were mixing in class and saved it

nah i havent seen him he tested out of class he knows ableton in and out like crazy...this shit has be rubbing my head cause i do the trigger thing sometimes so i know its not that,the way he did it was totally different he basically sampled the sounds

I dont know how he did it if he recorded straight into a drumrack...

However, what you can do, is program a loop in maschine routed through ableton, record this onto an audio track in live, and chop that audio clip to a drumrack.
Just make sure the drum sounds are nicely spaced out so they don't interfere with each other.

I don't know how well you know ableton, but assuming you can route maschine onto an audio track and record a clip, to chop it you just right click it and choose slice to new midi track.
Slicing by transient should work well for this, but might require some finetuning of the samples, but that's pretty quick.

Back