Ableton Live vs Fruity Loops - Ableton Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's willing to bet that the vast majority bashing FLS (i) have never used it and/or (ii) think that because it's one of the most popular DAWs, it must be a "noob" software?

Last edited:
F**K FL Haterz. I just got that bich working on a Mac in OSX w/no latency using VMWare(Win XP Emulation) and a buncha my own tweaks. I need a career in programming.

FL on a Mac. I'll never use anything else again.

sigh.....for the sake of noobies, don't listen to any of these post driving u in one direction or the other. Much respect to every producer out there that's a master of whatever DAW, DAWs, MPC, pots and pans, whistling, humming,.......u get the point. When it's all said and done, try them out(demo versions) and see what works for you. Any producer with time in will tell that they swear by a DAW cuz of one of two reasons....either we made our first...or our best track in it and fell in love with it!!!!! The hype over PT being the industry standard is garbage cuz who cares about your DAW if your tracks are garbage? I ain't Kanye or Scott Storch but I'm just saying. PT may be the engineer's standard or in pro studio's mixing standard.....maybe. Most of the producers on here like making tracks more than polishing someone else's creation i'm sure...so....go for what works for you. I gotta a homeboy that makes tracks on a $200 yamaha keyboard....don't ask. LOL.
I use Ableton and Reason for instrumentals, Cubase 5 for vocals(VariAudio). If someone took any of our DAWs away, subbed it for the one we hate most, and its all we had to make music.....3 months later we'd swear by that MF!!!!! :rofl:
When it's all said and done.....spend more time mastering you and your craft and off of posts tryna find out what everyone else is using.
God Bless

I've used both - btw fully functional demos are available on their respective websites. Heres my opinion:

Interface: Ableton Live has a cleaner look and is more intuitive to use.

Virtual Instruments: Fruity Loops has more instruments, but Ableton comes with gigs of professional sampled sounds eg. real acoustic piano, jazz guitar, violins etc.

Sampling: In Ableton you can chop up a sample and add the individual slices to Impulse - the built in drum machine - and then trigger the parts using a midi controller, very similar to Fruity Loops.

Effects: You get your usual EQs, compressors, and reverbs in both programs - however in Live the way you set up the effects is much more fun, using a rack like system.

Workflow: This is where Ableton Live blows away the competition and what its famous for. It quite a unique setup where samples, loops, midi data are triggered from a set of stacked vertical cells, and this then recorded (real time if you want) onto the traditional horizontal sequencing grid.

you can tell that whoever wrote this is very biased towards ableton live. biased rreviews are worth diddily shit:monkey:

Who's willing to bet that the vast majority bashing FLS (i) have never used it and/or (ii) think that because it's one of the most popular DAWs, it must be a "noob" software?
I see you and raise you.

I'm willing to bet that anyone who spends any amount of time bashing ANY DAW is more than likely not good at producing.

I see you and raise you.

I'm willing to bet that anyone who spends any amount of time bashing ANY DAW is more than likely not good at producing.

ive heard cats with insane beats that talk shit about different daws all the time lol theres a vid on ustream wtih b cox where he said he used to talk shit about Fruity Loops until he heard some heat come from it

As have I.

Now, going back to when I first started with music...I never took people seriously if all they could do is sit around and talk shit on the equipment that others use without backing up their statements, *especially* if the shit-talkers in question were "professionals".

Idk I take it as an opinion and everyone has one about everything. I don't let what one or a few people say effect me because what one person might hate another one will likely love especially with something like music or music equipment

you can tell that whoever wrote this is very biased towards ableton live. biased rreviews are worth diddily shit:monkey:

Simply preferring one thing to another is not the same thing as 'bias'. It would be bias if he'd made his mind up which he would prefer before even trying them, but he clearly tried both with an open mind and simply found Ableton to be more suitable for his particular workflow. I don't see how this is the slightest bit 'biased'...

Last edited:
Do you guys realize that this thread is a year old, and that some troll with one post bumped it 3 days ago?

I have both , Fl studio and Ableton Live. When you compare them it can go back and forth but personally I enjoy FL Studio a little bit better just because they have far better synths although I usually use plugins for them. Although Ableton does have more effects to tweak or make something sound funkier. But I am not 100 percent sure on which is better because both are dope, I been using FL for years and Ableton for months so I am barely learning Ableton. The only problem I see with it is some of the sounds are not exactly the best and the typical unique control pannel on the vsts are exciting. Once I learn more about ableton maybe I can make a better decision. But I guess it really doesn't matter because a producer should be able to be flexible and utilize different sounds and effects. Both programs at the end will put it down.:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

FL Studio fits my workflow.

You guys just dont know how to use it.

I challenge any Ablietunz user.

Thats whats up. I am very good at FL also and believe I learned a wide amount of tricks. But is true, most people dont know more than whats on the surface about FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back