The Ableton Live Knowledge Club !

might be a dumb question but how come when i put drums in the Drum Rack, it is noticeably quieter than when i put them on Impulse? i put the velocity levels the same on both, but with impulse, everything sounds noticeably stronger.

also, when putting a sample in simpler/sampler (especially 808 kicks), it plays back extremely quiet, unless i jack up the volume but then i'd be in the clipping zone.

The volume defaults to -12db and the velocity defaults to 0. If the set the velocity slider to 100 that will increase the sample by 12db... which cancels out the -12db gain setting. I guess the -12db gain drop is to make room for if you want to increase the velocity. I suppose you are more likely to want to modulate velocity with midi rather than gain.

It's just a convention.

Hi Maxy, yeah I got Suite 9 yesterday. I have done a review and 15 free Live 9 tutorials. Also done 2 special articles on using Live 9 mouselessly. See my website for all that. You can't miss them.

I got live9 and push yesterday. I've had the beta for a while, and it's a massive upgrade imo. Really looking forward to digging into push

Spent too much money on other...things, so Push'll have to wait for a while. Will probably get the upgrade to 9 in a few days, though...

Spent too much money on other...things, so Push'll have to wait for a while. Will probably get the upgrade to 9 in a few days, though...

I had to same problem. Lucky for me, in adition to having no money, I also have no impulse control ^^

My lack of impulse control has led me into buying a few more synths and yet another guitar, even though I did know this day was coming up fast :D

I upgraded to suite Yesterday and I've had the beta for sometime I'l definitely check your vids. I have been loving the audio to midi and the curve automation is incredible.Groups within groups is also new I believe? I just noticed that today I might be crazy but a magnificent add on if so.

I upgraded to suite Yesterday and I've had the beta for sometime I'l definitely check your vids. I have been loving the audio to midi and the curve automation is incredible.Groups within groups is also new I believe? I just noticed that today I might be crazy but a magnificent add on if so.
Groups within groups is something I've been wanting for a while, didnt even know it was implemented :D Really looking forward to this.
I'm usually a pretty messy person, but when it comes to my sets I just love some structure, lol.

hey,

when adding a mp3/FLAC file into Live, there is a problem: 'could not be read. File corrupted or not licensed."

could someone help me fix this?

Did you guys new about the complex fading sistem in the new ableton live 9?
You could control the volume and fade of a sample to it's microest setion. I think it;s one of the most cool featurs in ableton live.

Back