ableton keeps playing note

cars111

hi guys

if i press a note and let go it keeps playing continuously and will not stop.

if i press more keys all the notes i pressed before add up to a super mess!!

i look at sylenth and the keyboard on the plugin is held down.

also kontakt as well so its not the plugins.

losing my mind need to get a track finished in 2 days and this is stopping everything.

any thoughts?

thanks

Does this only happen when you're playing Sylenth from a MIDI keyboard (instead of sequencing it from the piano roll)? Does it happen with other plugins?

hi thanks for the replies

im sure it has something to do with midi information

if i open the song up and press the keys on my keyboard and the piano roll before playing the track all is good notes stop playing when i do , as soon as i play the midi arrangement and stop it the notes get stuck if i play on keyboard or piano roll.

any ideas? thanks

Sounds like there's an unwanted sustain message (like hollandturbine suggested) there somewhere that overrides all the note-offs (which is the MIDI way of telling a note to stop playing). Which DAW are you using?

This can also happen with some controllers if you're going through a hub. Plug your controller directly into the computer if so and see if it stops.

When you press a key on the keyboard, look for the following:
-When pressing the key down, there should be a short blink in the top right corner of your screen, in the midi track in indicator
-When releasing there should be another one
hold the key for a couple of seconds to ensure you're seeing correctly

if the second blink isn't there, the program isn't recieving note off messages.
I'm not a big expert on these things, but fiddle around with your midi settings, or wait for a smarter person to answer ;)

If that's not the problem try these:
Try to duplicate the track, to make sure there isnt anything bugged
Check your fx if you have any on that track by activating/deactivating
Check your track routings, just in case you have some sort of weird feedback loop going
Try to make a completely fresh track, with everything the same, and load the same preset (which I guess you can save on the other track if it's not stock)

As a last resort you can try to remake the track by making a new live set, and drag in the tracks one by one, but I kinda doubt it and it'll take alot of time :P

Anyway, hope some this helped, good luck

datsnork

To me it sounds like a sustain message (CC64) is being held within your sequence, do you get stuck notes on every track?

Last time I looked at Live I was unconvinced that the lack of a MIDI event list demonstrated how progressive Live's MIDI handling was compared to programs that still feature this ancient editor, as it's the kind of thing that would be most useful in this situation.

Yep. Check the MIDI control envelopes for the offending clips, see if there's anything there that shouldn't be.

Back